Manny to the Mets??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny to the Mets???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:59 pm

nsulham wrote:
lesgrant wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:Great trade ;-D :-D


Almost as great as signing Tony Womack for two years :-)


You say Womack, I say Wells.


I'll take David Wells over Tony Womack every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Yankee fans who get their hopes up over this deal are in another realm of reality.


Which deal??
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby nsulham » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:01 pm

Manny to the Mets for junk. Like the Pedro signing, I'll believe it when I see it.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:04 pm

nsulham wrote:Manny to the Mets for junk. Like the Pedro signing, I'll believe it when I see it.


I agree that the Manny for Floyd and/or Matsui makes no sense from a baseball standpoint. That said, if they need salary relief, it makes a little sense.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby lesgrant » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:20 pm

nsulham wrote:
lesgrant wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:Great trade ;-D :-D


Almost as great as signing Tony Womack for two years :-)


You say Womack, I say Wells.


I'll take David Wells over Tony Womack every day of the week and twice on Sundays.


Well you don't have a choice because you have Wells and:

Wells, at his age, blowing off mandatory workouts.

Wells slumping down the stretch because of poor conditioning, because he blew off those mandatory workouts.

Wells not available for big games in October, like say a WS Game 5, and keeping it to himself until minutes before the start. All because of his age and a bad back that is aggravated when he blows off those mandatory workouts.

Wells isn’t the kind of team “idiot” that would fit into your clubhouse. If you guys were crying about Pedro leaving a game early in April, good luck.

That’s your new reality. ;-D

In terms of Womack, his numbers are carbon copies of Cairo’s. He’ll bat 9th and will add speed on the bases. Given that both Cairo and Wilson are heading for the exit, I wouldn’t bank on Womack starting for two years at second base. Floyd for Manny has a much better chance of happening. In fact, I doubt Womack would be the starter on opening day.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 705
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:28 pm

Womack was signed to be the leadoff hitter for the Yanks I thought???
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 161
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: NY

Postby blankman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:30 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Womack was signed to be the leadoff hitter for the Yanks I thought???


He has lead-off speed but there is no chance the Yanks would hit him first. Jeter or possibly Beltran will lead off I'm sure.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TeamCaptain#2 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:41 pm

Jeter-ss
Beltran-cf
Arod-3b
Bernie-dh
Sheffield-rf
Posada-c
Matsui-lf
Giambi-1b
Womack-2b

mussina
pavano
vazquez
milton
brown
TeamCaptain#2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 68
Joined: 5 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:44 pm

TeamCaptain#2 wrote:Jeter-ss
Beltran-cf
Arod-3b
Bernie-dh
Sheffield-rf
Posada-c
Matsui-lf
Giambi-1b
Womack-2b

mussina
pavano
vazquez
milton
brown


Bernie batting cleanup, ahead of Sheff and Matsui? Uhh, no.

Where is Wright? The Yankees didn't sign him to be a middle reliever...
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Tony Clark is my son » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:48 pm

Wright's shoulder is questionable, but if he does sign, he'll take precedence over Milton (rightfully so because he is better) and Milton will be forced into a long relief/spot starter role
Tony Clark is my son
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Arizona now, apparently

Postby El Gaupo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:31 pm

TeamCaptain#2 wrote:Jeter-ss
Beltran-cf
Arod-3b
Bernie-dh
Sheffield-rf
Posada-c
Matsui-lf
Giambi-1b
Womack-2b

mussina
pavano
vazquez
milton
brown


Beltran, maybe, but I still think that he may end up in Houston. No way Bernie bats clean up. And Vazquez and Brown both could go before ST.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 576
Joined: 4 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact