Manny to the Mets??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny to the Mets???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:42 pm

The Sox are thinking about this but you're looking at it the wrong way. From Boston's perspective this is not about getting equal talent for Manny. It's about shedding payroll to pave the way for Renteria, Ordornez, or Drew maybe. I'm just speculating on who they are targeting.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:43 pm

I think it knocks Manny out of the first round in my eyes if he goes to the Mets
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:39 pm

blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:
blankman wrote:Great trade ;-D :-D

Almost as great as signing Tony Womack for two years :-)

There's nothing wrong with the Womack signing. It was cheap and they can always find someone else.

This possible trade is very very different.

;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Spiegs1106 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:40 pm

it will be interesting to see hoe everthing turns out. First we were talking of trading manny for arod, and now manny for cliff floyd. WHATS GOIN ON??? :~(
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:40 pm

blankman wrote:
nsulham wrote:

There's nothing wrong with the Womack signing. It was cheap and they can always find someone else.

This possible trade is very very different.
\

Exactly. Comparing a $4 Million dollar contract to Tony Womack is ridiculous to bring up next to a Manny Ramirez for Cliff Floyd trade.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rkiivs » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:02 pm

Is it me or are the Mets on the verge of signing [insert A-level free agent name here] every week? It must be disappointing as a Mets fan to hear all these names and yet to land any of them (and you still have Floyd!) I'm not picking on the Mets but they either need to find a GM to close a deal better or nobody really wants to play at Shea.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:07 pm

Rkiivs wrote:Is it me or are the Mets on the verge of signing [insert A-level free agent name here] every week? It must be disappointing as a Mets fan to hear all these names and yet to land any of them (and you still have Floyd!) I'm not picking on the Mets but they either need to find a GM to close a deal better or nobody really wants to play at Shea.

No it's not dissapointing. It's the same for almost every team's fans. This is why the winter meetings are fun. I'd prefer a GM that can pass on a deal as easily as he can close one. We don't know if Omar is the Mets answer yet but let's let him at least get through his first off-season before we start labeling him.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lesgrant » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:34 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
kentx12 wrote:No way the Sox move Manny imo. He was a big part in helping them win last year. I dont see it happening.

I'm a bit shocked about it too. The salary problem is less than last year since their's obviously one less year on the contract. And the guy was the WS MVP. I don't get it.

I agree that Manny for Floyd would be a surprise. But the Sox looking to unload him can’t be that much of a shock given that they put him on waivers just last year and were prepared to get absolutely nothing for him in return.

If the Sox hadn’t won a WS, would it be a shock? I mean, his numbers have been pretty consistent from season to season.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lesgrant » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:36 pm

nsulham wrote:

You say Womack, I say Wells.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nsulham » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:58 pm

lesgrant wrote:
nsulham wrote:

You say Womack, I say Wells.

I'll take David Wells over Tony Womack every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Yankee fans who get their hopes up over this deal are in another realm of reality.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers