Rumor: Clement to sign with Angels - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rumor: Clement to sign with Angels

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:09 pm

KPucks wrote:ESPN Insider is saying the Sox are going after Clement hard now that it seems Pedro will sign with the Mets. They could end up offering 8-9 million a year, so this isn't a done deal by any means.

I personally think, that in this year's market, even 8-9 million for Clement is pretty low.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:11 pm

GameOn wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:With all the ridiculous contracts for SP's so far that is an incredible deal. 8-o I wish STL could have gotten him for that price. :-?

Screw that the Cards already got a steal...Matt Morris for 2.5 million. You only deserve one good deal per offseason :-)

Yeah, but they're actually going somewhere. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:24 pm

agreed - great signing. The Angels just better hope that Dusty left something in the tank for the next owner.

btw - Clement also on NL-only keeper squad. This is a brutal offseason.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:42 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:btw - Clement also on NL-only keeper squad. This is a brutal offseason.

Not to hijack the thread, but that's why I hate NL/AL only leagues. :-t It's a crapshoot on whether or not you get to keep your star FA's. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:31 pm

just saw on tv that clement won't be signing with the angels cuz he doesn't want to go to the west coast...and that he'd sign with either CLE or TOR. maybe the tv guy just wanted to make jays's fans happy ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mtarail » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:56 pm

slomo007 wrote:
KPucks wrote:ESPN Insider is saying the Sox are going after Clement hard now that it seems Pedro will sign with the Mets. They could end up offering 8-9 million a year, so this isn't a done deal by any means.

I personally think, that in this year's market, even 8-9 million for Clement is pretty low.

Agreed. I don't even understand all the smoke and mirrors around Pavano. IMO Clement is the best FA pitcher out there.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bchater93 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:57 am

i think i was watching the same thing as kimchi_chigae cause thats the exact same thing i heard, clement doesnt want to go too far from home. and nobody is gonna sign him for 10 mill, he'll be signed around 7-9. i hope he goes to toronto cause that will put the jays in decent position to do better than they have against yanks and red sox.
bchater93
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby VaTribeFan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:07 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:just saw on tv that clement won't be signing with the angels cuz he doesn't want to go to the west coast...and that he'd sign with either CLE or TOR. maybe the tv guy just wanted to make jays's fans happy ;-D

From back in November...I sure hope the Indians can snag him. The off-season moves this year have been less than spectacular.

Nov. 21, 2004 - 12:47 pm et

Free agent Matt Clement said the Indians have been most aggressive in pursuing him.
"They've been probably in the most contact with me so far from the get-go," Clement said. "I'm going to go there in the next couple of weeks to see them. The advantage they have for me is that it's less than a two-hour drive from my home in (Butler) Pennsylvania." The White Sox and Blue Jays have also been in contact with Clement, who should be looking for a three-year, $24 million contract.
Source: Daily Southtown
VaTribeFan
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers