Don't kill me, just explain. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Don't kill me, just explain.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Don't kill me, just explain.

Postby Zito is God » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:20 pm

Ok ok, so all this talk from everyone is "Yanks need to deal brown, Brown is terrible, they are doomed if they don't deal Brown!":. My quesion is: Why?

Hear me out: (I may be wrong) But as far as I remmember Brown was a great pitcher the first 7 starts or so. He started off real well, kept it up, then went on the DL, and it all went downhill from there. I say, assuming we can't deal him, why worry? Stick with him, he will be productive, mediocre at worst, and if you can keep him healthy he will put up solid numbers (he only chokes in the playoffs :-) ) and we can egt something out of him before the trade deadline.

Yes, I did see him blow game after game for us in the playoffs, but before his injury I remmember him bieng quite good, whats the deal with all the Brown hate? Explain.

Note from Zito is God: This is NOT the "In need of explanation part 2" thread. That will come after all the FAs have been settled, I know everyone is desperately waiting for it, and don't worry, I'll have some great debates and another double digit page thread in no time. :-)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:31 pm

First question: who is we? To my knowledge you are an A's fan, so the we as a Yankee fan doesn't even make sense.

I for one, think Brown should stay. Nothing is gained by paying a talented pitcher like him to play for someone else.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Zito is God » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:36 pm

I am a fan of (in order):

1.Indians
2. Padres
3.Yankees
4.A's

;-D

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:37 pm

blankman wrote:I for one, think Brown should stay. Nothing is gained by paying a talented pitcher like him to play for someone else.

I agree, and that's the only way another team would take him is if the Yankees ate most of his contract. He's not a bad pitcher if he's healthy I don't think, as he proved at the start of the year last year.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:41 pm

Zito is God wrote:I am a fan of (in order):

1.Indians
2. Padres
3.Yankees
4.A's

;-D

Get you priorities straight, man. Its Giants at #1 and Yanks at #2. Whats with these "A's" and "Indians" things? :-D

But about Brown, I think he should stay. He was very solid the first month or so, but his injury (back, I believe) really hampered him and he struggled the rest of the season. He's always been a good pitcher, so why couldnt he be next year?
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tlef316 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:04 pm

the yankees would be foolish to trade brown this offseason. The guy is a proud, battle tested competitor who has probably been sick to his stomach since his performance in the ALCS. There is not point in paying him to play for someone else, not to mention the 21 million they'll need to pay someone like wright :-P to replace him.

brown is old, but he's still a very solid pitcher when healthy, which he should be come spring. He'll come back with a chip on his shoulder, which is what the yanks are gonna need.

Mussina
Pavano
Vazquez
Brown
Milton/Wright/Perez (preferebly perez)
El Duque

A very good rotation considering the run support they'll be getting, and very comparable(prob. better) then Schilling, Pedro, Arroyo, Wells, Wakefield.

Cashman, big stein and the yanks need to take a step back and think rationally about the makeup of next year's team, not blow it all up over a 4 game breakdown.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby trevisc » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:06 pm

the problem with Brown is not his ability but he's a mental nut case. did you forget about his blow up that kept him out for a few weeks this past year?

I hope they don't trade him to Atlanta!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby tlef316 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:14 pm

trevisc wrote:the problem with Brown is not his ability but he's a mental nut case. did you forget about his blow up that kept him out for a few weeks this past year?

i honestly think he feels terrible about that. i think he'll re-dedicate himself and come out of the blocks on fire this year. I cant see how you wouldnt want your braves to have him, since we'd likely be paying most of his salary.

What is the braves rotation for next year? its gonna be ugly down in atlanta unless im forgetting some one
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby trevisc » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:16 pm

tlef316 wrote:
trevisc wrote:the problem with Brown is not his ability but he's a mental nut case. did you forget about his blow up that kept him out for a few weeks this past year?

i honestly think he feels terrible about that. i think he'll re-dedicate himself and come out of the blocks on fire this year. I cant see how you wouldnt want your braves to have him, since we'd likely be paying most of his salary.

What is the braves rotation for next year? its gonna be ugly down in atlanta unless im forgetting some one

I admit..if the yanks will suck up his salary then I guess I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch for us. I have no idea what the Braves are gonna do about the rotation. For crying out loud our ace is HAMPTON now!!

AGHHH
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:30 pm

trevisc wrote: I have no idea what the Braves are gonna do about the rotation. For crying out loud our ace is HAMPTON now!!

AGHHH

But you've still got Mazzonne. ;-)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers