Wright May NOT Be a Yankee!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wright May NOT Be a Yankee!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:27 am

I can't believe they are taking wright...it must be some sort of conspiracy against steinbrenner...Cashman will be fired before the start of the season!

As for Vazquez this year will make or break him.....

P.S>

Dear Santa all i want for Xmas is RJ on the Yankees
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:29 am

wrveres wrote:Vazquez

an interesting read .. :-D

Just shows I along with a lot of others was dead wrong on him back then.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:28 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
wrveres wrote:Vazquez

an interesting read .. :-D

Just shows I along with a lot of others was dead wrong on him back then.

naaaaa,
It was just an interesting read.
I wouldn't say that you were wrong.
Personally I still think he will be fine. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby TeamCaptain#2 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:47 pm

I would much rather see matt clement in pinstripes then jaret wright. Just my personal opinion.
TeamCaptain#2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LBJackal » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:26 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:For that type of money, I want someone who IS going to perform not one that has his head screwed up in his butt or who is so messed up mechanically he can't fix it for 3+ month sretches at a time and may decide to eventually get his act together.

How about RJ? You seem pretty gung ho on getting him, and he stunk it up for the entire year in 2003. You can't write somebody off after a bad 3 months!

You need to stop thinking that every player they want is available, and after one bad year they have to dump the players who underperformed. Have some patience.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:46 pm

LBJackal wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:For that type of money, I want someone who IS going to perform not one that has his head screwed up in his butt or who is so messed up mechanically he can't fix it for 3+ month sretches at a time and may decide to eventually get his act together.

Have some patience.

The most important thing here and the one his comments most display a lack of.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby lesgrant » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:00 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Pitching well for half a season (esp. the first half) does not mean squat. He stunk down the stretch of the pennant race contributing in large part to allowing the Red Sox to close the gap down to a couple of games and was horrid in the post-season. Beating up on TB in April and May does not carry a lot of weight in my book. And I have already been over the $34 M he is owed for the next 3 seasons and what we will get if he flops in 05 (nada). For that type of money, I want someone who IS going to perform not one that has his head screwed up in his butt or who is so messed up mechanically he can't fix it for 3+ month sretches at a time and may decide to eventually get his act together. Clemens, Cone, Key, Wells none of these guys seemed to have any trouble. Name one guy who came over, stunk it up for a season and then became good for us on the mound?

He only stunk it up for a half of a season due to MECHANICS not pressure. If you watched the games on YES, like I'm sure you did, you know that Kaat went to great pains to telestrate Javy's slowly dropping arm angle and release point. It was a profound difference.

One key difference between the pitchers you mentioned and Vasquez is that all of them came to the Yanks as seasoned veterans who were in the last phases of their careers. Everyone in the Yankee universe agreed that the rotation had to get younger, as we saw the downside of age with Wells in '03. But with youth comes mechanical inconsistency.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:07 pm

LBJackal wrote:

How about RJ? You seem pretty gung ho on getting him, and he stunk it up for the entire year in 2003. You can't write somebody off after a bad 3 months!

You need to stop thinking that every player they want is available, and after one bad year they have to dump the players who underperformed. Have some patience.

Did you say RJ stunk it up??? You mean when he was injured??
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers