David Wright Bandwagon Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Wright Bandwagon Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:19 pm

.270/.325/.510 25 HR 85 RBI 75 R

Guess I'm not quite on the bandwagon yet, but definitely a player I would take a hard look at in the later rounds if he hangs around.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:40 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Wait just a minute here. What does this have to do with the Red Sox or the Yankees? Nothing. Frankly, I don't think that we have room for non-Yankee or non-Red Sox topics here.

LOL. :-D Though I do agree most people here have known about him or been on his bandwagon for a while. Personally I probably won't take him too high since there are more established players out there at 3B and Wright will probably be a little on the overvalued side, but I wouldn't mind having him if the price was right. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby trevisc » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:07 pm

i'd rather have McPhearson myself..but to each their own.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:16 pm

trevisc wrote:i'd rather have McPhearson myself..but to each their own.

This year? If you think McP will be better down the road that's one thing but it's hard to believe McP will outproduce him in 05. On top of that 3B is so deep McP isn't even worth drafting in 12 team leagues.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby trevisc » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:

This year? If you think McP will be better down the road that's one thing but it's hard to believe McP will outproduce him in 05. On top of that 3B is so deep McP isn't even worth drafting in 12 team leagues.

MickeyP is the starting 3rd baseman for one of the hottest hitting teams in baseball..you better believe he'll be drafted..
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:13 pm

trevisc wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

MickeyP is the starting 3rd baseman for one of the hottest hitting teams in baseball..you better believe he'll be drafted..

He may be drafted at the end of the draft as a flyer but he won't be starter-worthy in a 12-teamer. Here are 13 3Bs in no particular order that will outproduce him. I'd rather have any of these guys than a rookie.

Rodriguez, Alex
Mora, Melvin
Rolen, Scott
Beltre, Adrian
Huff, Aubrey
Wright, David
Blalock, Hank
Chavez, Eric
Ramirez, Aramis
Jones, Chipper
Glaus, Troy
Lowell, Mike

And then you've got the 2nd-tier guys like Blake, Bellhorn, Hillenbrand, Figgins, etc. who are likely to outproduce him also.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby djacks » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:35 pm

I like Dallas McP as well, but I think he's a lot further away from being an impact player like Wright was late last year and should be this year. In a few years these two will be something to watch!
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:37 pm

djacks wrote:I like Dallas McP as well, but I think he's a lot further away from being an impact player like Wright was late last year and should be this year. In a few years these two will be something to watch!

Definitely. I'm not knocking McP, I just think there is so much talent at 3B this year there's no reason to target him in his rookie year.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby tlef316 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:37 pm

ill jump on the wright bandwagon, but it might be a year early. Im predicting a slight soph slump, not the 30 HR season others here are projecting. I think 24 HR, 85 RBI with a .285 average is a realistic goal for next year. 2006 is another story.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:57 am

I want a #5 jersey for Christmas.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager