Mags? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mags?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:21 pm

December 10
Chicago Tribune (registration required): "Magglio Ordonez insisted Thursday he never wanted to leave the White Sox and feels as though the organization wanted him out. Now the former Sox star is hoping for a call from the Cubs, who are searching for a replacement for left fielder Moises Alou."

looks like that would be a good place for him.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:44 pm

If interesting is a code word for inexplicable, then I agree.

The difference this year is that the moves--if, in fact they happen and the Mets (for once) don't overpay--sound pretty good. ;-D
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby perlick29 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:09 pm

Someone told me the other day that Maggs to the Mets was a done deal. Now I'm hearing differently from here and rotoworld. That's weird.

Would he really be that great of an addition? I think he could be if healthy of course.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:30 pm

Maggs would be a great addition anywhere if he's healthy. I guess that's the key. I think there's a real possibility the Mets sign him but I think this is another case of the media being in love with the idea a lot more than the Mets are. You never know, Omar seems to be infatuated with Pee-Hands Alou. Somewhere along the line I must have really pissed off the Baseball Gods. :-o
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tlef316 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:50 pm

i dont think mags is even close to being done. If healthy, he will be the steal of the offseason for whoever gets him. Its a big risk, given the salary he's gonna command. However, its the kind of move a team like the mets needs to make to be competitive this year.

If i were minaya, id make an offer. otherwise, it could be guerrero all over again
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers