Figgins at 3rd now that Glaus is gone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Figgins at 3rd now that Glaus is gone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stumpak » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:16 am

The Angels are supposedly going hard after a 2B or SS too, with the potential to shift Eckstein to 2B. What I think will shake out is that they will sign either Beltran or another quality middle infielder and Figgins will pick up the slack in CF or 2B.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:24 am

With Finley signed, he's the CF. I'd think McPherson will have to prove he's not ready for the job in ST. I'd think Figgins at 2B or super-sub.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:32 am

Its just that i really like this guy and I think with a full season h can do some nice dmage on the basepaths. Not to mention score 140 runs in that offense. :-D

I have him as a keeper at $10. His value in our league was around $17 and he is elgible at 2b this year. Hmmm.To keep or not to keep. that is the question.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:40 am

i'm in the same boat...

if it was guaranteed that he'd be playing next year, he'd have nice fantasy numbers, but this sub tag worries me.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:54 am

I hope you can wait, then, before deciding. If they don't sign or aquire a 2B, then can you wait until ST to see where he's playing and/or whether McPherson struggles? I may be wrong that he was expected to be a super-sub last year, but got way more PT due to injuries to Glaus, etc. Tough call if you need to make it today.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:26 pm

well for the benefit of fantasy owners the angels should trade figgins to st. louis.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:31 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:I hope you can wait, then, before deciding. If they don't sign or aquire a 2B, then can you wait until ST to see where he's playing and/or whether McPherson struggles? I may be wrong that he was expected to be a super-sub last year, but got way more PT due to injuries to Glaus, etc. Tough call if you need to make it today.

No the other option is that we are drafting in Feb so I can throw him back and if he has a sub status he will go to me much cheaper than $10 in the draft
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rlee » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:39 pm

I think he'll start the year at 2B while Kennedy recovers and gets in playing shape. After that???? :-?
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:41 pm

I think Figgins will be traded before the end of the winter meetings.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:46 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think Figgins will be traded before the end of the winter meetings.

Wow..that would be a surprise considering he at the very least would be a great BENCH guy
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers