Alex Cintron or Omar Infante - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex Cintron or Omar Infante

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Cintron or Omar Infante

Postby El Jefe » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:05 pm

Which would be a better pickup for a bench spot in a 5X5 roto league?
El Jefe
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:09 pm

I would go with Cintron. Maybe last year was just an off year.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby rlee » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:23 pm

Cintron had a terrific rookie year in '03, I'd go with him too. Gives you the added dimension of eligible at SS and early into '05 will have 2B eligibility too.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:32 pm

i'm liking Cintron's potential better
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby pomplona's finest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:09 pm

Eh, before last season I was pretty high on Cintron. Right now however, I have my doubts as to whether or not he is the real deal. Nonetheless, his potential and upside makes him a better choice over Infante.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:33 am

Both will have 2B/SS eligibility in Yahoo, but for me I cant see taking Cintron ahead of Infante.

Why would you take Cintron ahead of Infante? They should put up similar stats across the board except in SBs and Infante should have about 10-15 more in that cat. Obviously Cintron is the more recognized name, so thats why I'll be spending less on Infante and getting a better player than the more expensive Cintron.

I can see if you think Cintron will hit over .300 again, but other than that, he has to change that trend of a decreasing BB/K - it almost doubled in 2004.

Infante is the better value. You can write this off as a Homer statement or not, but dont say you werent warned.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:34 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Both will have 2B/SS eligibility in Yahoo, but for me I cant see taking Cintron ahead of Infante.

Why would you take Cintron ahead of Infante? They should put up similar stats across the board except in SBs and Infante should have about 10-15 more in that cat. Obviously Cintron is the more recognized name, so thats why I'll be spending less on Infante and getting a better player than the more expensive Cintron.

I can see if you think Cintron will hit over .300 again, but other than that, he has to change that trend of a decreasing BB/K - it almost doubled in 2004.

Infante is the better value. You can write this off as a Homer statement or not, but dont say you werent warned.

I agree completely, and this is not a homer statement. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:49 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Both will have 2B/SS eligibility in Yahoo, but for me I cant see taking Cintron ahead of Infante.

that's a true tiger fan ;-)

but...he's right IMO. infante's 2004 was just as good as cintron's 2003. infante's 2004 was better than cintron's 2004. why not go with the guy with better numbers? i actually don't remember seeing them playing, but looking at the numbers, i'd go with infante, plus he's 3 years younger than cintron.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby stumpak » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:19 am

I would take Infante without hesitation.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:33 am

I would go for "Absolute Cintron"
Tastes better too :*)
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers