any one know - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

any one know

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:43 pm

blankman wrote:College campus + server = tons and tons of media ;-D

I bought a 250 gb external hard drive strictly for media and its near full ;-D

Nearly 8,000 songs (600 of which are by Dave Matthews), 120+ movies, entire collections of Family Guy, South Park, Chappelle's Show, Arrested Development, 24, etc :-D


When my University's IT Department gets letters from the RIAA or MPAA, we actually block the user's MAC address until they delete the files and show us they've deleted it. Each subsequent violation results in further penalties.....

I would know, I work there and have to deal with file swappers all the time (doesn't stop me from doing it either....but I do use caution). Basically it comes down to being at college helps protect you, but eventually you can get in trouble...most colleges give you at least a warning or two though.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:16 pm

slomo007 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:please, don't use kazaa. :-t but if u really want to, try k-lite first, it's a not so contaminated version of kazaa. and while u r at it, change ur brower to mozilla firefox ;-D


Very true....k-lite is the lesser of two evils. I still prefer LimeWire to anything else though. That includes BitTorrent, which so many are crazy about.


LimeWire absolutely ruined my computer...... just a warning to you guys. I only downloaded one song I think, too. I posted something about it a while ago.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:00 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
BigMusky wrote:my brother used to tell me Dell computers sucked because he would download tons of crap from Kazaa everyday and it would just bog down and freeze up his computer. So much crap that you dont even know is getting put on your machine. I would formatt and then it would be as good as knew, until he started downloading stuff again.


I run spybot on my work computer, but I am having troubles getting it to run on my computer at home (XP) it keeps saying that it is missing some DLL file. Anyone else run into this? Is there another free program like Spybot that I can try.


I've never used SpyBot, so I'm not sure about that. I used Ad-Aware and it seems to do the trick for me. I run it on XP, ME, and I ran it on an old 98 I think for a while, all worked fine. ;-D


ad-aware is alright, but won't protect your computer from nastier spywares. spybot is a great proggy, especially with the feature that asks u every time the computer is about to make a change in the register keys, most trojans are installed that way. it's a good way to keep it clean. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 200)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:


I use Bearshare. Kazaa has too many viruses.


is bearshare really free? i tried downloading it and it said i had to pay...
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2450
Joined: 23 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: partying with big papi after the win!

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:01 pm

BigMusky wrote:I had 100 songs on my computer and this guy had 100 GB of songs down the hall. He bet me twenty bucks that I didnt have a song on my computer he didnt have.

I took him with...drum roll please.

The Missed Adventures of S&@$-Man" by Green Jelly.

I actually had two more classic rock songs he didnt have, but I cant remember them. If you dont know who Green Jelly is, down load some of there songs. They are pretty funny, kind of like Bloodhound Gang.

Teenage Rave (maybe Rage) is pretty funny and so is "The Three Little Pigs"


Maynard from tool is one of the pigs on the Green jelly album....Or maybee hes the wolf...

anyways I'd use bearshare cause it rules...As for computers Dell, Compaq, Alienware, hp, and especially gateway all suck...If you want a new computer Ill build it for you for like 20 bucks on top of the cost...build your own computer...if you can do a jig saw puzzle you can build a computer...

Kazaa is full of viruses...Also I try to buy a seperate drive for my Media aka porn. so that it only wipes out one drive...hopefully
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:22 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:


I use Bearshare. Kazaa has too many viruses.


is bearshare really free? i tried downloading it and it said i had to pay...


Yeah you have to look harder for the free stuff :-D, but it's on there trust me. ;-)
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:25 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Sox FANatic001 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:


I use Bearshare. Kazaa has too many viruses.


is bearshare really free? i tried downloading it and it said i had to pay...


Yeah you have to look harder for the free stuff :-D, but it's on there trust me. ;-)



lol

oh, i'm sure its there
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2450
Joined: 23 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: partying with big papi after the win!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:05 am

Try here. ;-D
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:12 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:


I use Bearshare. Kazaa has too many viruses.


is bearshare really free? i tried downloading it and it said i had to pay...


Yup. Whenever I sign on, it asks me whether I want to run the free version or upgrade to Pro. I just run the free one. :-)
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:14 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
BigMusky wrote:my brother used to tell me Dell computers sucked because he would download tons of crap from Kazaa everyday and it would just bog down and freeze up his computer. So much crap that you dont even know is getting put on your machine. I would formatt and then it would be as good as knew, until he started downloading stuff again.


I run spybot on my work computer, but I am having troubles getting it to run on my computer at home (XP) it keeps saying that it is missing some DLL file. Anyone else run into this? Is there another free program like Spybot that I can try.


I've never used SpyBot, so I'm not sure about that. I used Ad-Aware and it seems to do the trick for me. I run it on XP, ME, and I ran it on an old 98 I think for a while, all worked fine. ;-D


ad-aware is alright, but won't protect your computer from nastier spywares. spybot is a great proggy, especially with the feature that asks u every time the computer is about to make a change in the register keys, most trojans are installed that way. it's a good way to keep it clean. ;-D


I run the following free proggies:

Norton AV
Zone Alarm firewall
Adaware 6.0
Spybot S&D
Spy Sweeper
Pest Patrol
PC Doctor

Maybe it's overkill but they all work fine. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Sep. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Houston
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact