Dan Patrick Radio Show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dan Patrick Radio Show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:41 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:it would be great if it were true but i am not holding my breath. i wont believe it until i see him wearing a new red hat.

Same here unfortunately. :-/ I've been out all day so haven't heard any of the DP show, but he usually doesn't report stuff like that unless there is at least some validity to it. Just wish we could agree on where he said Hudson was going. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:42 pm

Makes sense from a Houston standpoint.
There are a whole lot of question marks in the Astro's rotation. Clemens may retire. Pettite elbow might be shot and just began thowing 3 months after surgury. Miller has a frayed rotator cuff injury and didn't have surgury. So this injury might resurface next year. To many problems for a team that wants to contend on a yearly basis.

Still I don't know who Houston would have to give in return. I think the A's want a 2B and maybe an OF. Can't see this happening with the personel on Houston
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:43 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote: Just wish we could agree on where he said Hudson was going. :-D

i'll second that!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby stumpak » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:48 pm

They A's are trading him because it is the walk year of his contract and they don't want to pay. In this sense, it is an even trade if they can get a good young player who is not aarbitration eligable much less an FA for a few years.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:54 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:it would be great if it were true but i am not holding my breath. i wont believe it until i see him wearing a new red hat.

Same here unfortunately. :-/ I've been out all day so haven't heard any of the DP show, but he usually doesn't report stuff like that unless there is at least some validity to it. Just wish we could agree on where he said Hudson was going. :-D

apparently bernie miklasz from the post dispatch is saying that beane is denying hudson has been traded anywhere at this point. walt is currently on an airplane and cant be reached. larussa didnt say anything.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:55 pm

On the front of the sports page of the AJC yesterday, it stated that Kevin Brown, Tim Hudson, and Jermaine Dye were at the top of the Braves' shopping list.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kentx12 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:56 pm

trevisc wrote:there was talk he was going to the Braves for Giles..I wonder if that's the deal..

That was mentioned today on a local radio station i listen to. They also mentioned there could be other players involved including Furcal.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:09 pm

According to TSN's Ken Rosenthal and ESPN's Dan Patrick, the Cardinals and A's could be close to agreeing to a Tim Hudson trade.
Some combination of Dan Haren, Jason Marquis, Kiko Calero, Rick Ankiel and Daric Barton would have to be involved in the deal. The A's wouldn't get both Haren and Marquis, but they'd have to get one of two and then one or two of the other three. Dec. 9 - 3:49 pm et

From Rotoworld.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:09 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:On the front of the sports page of the AJC yesterday, it stated that Kevin Brown, Tim Hudson, and Jermaine Dye were at the top of the Braves' shopping list.

:-) :-) :-)
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:11 pm

There is a rumor come out of the AP that Texas is in negotiations for Hudson with Teixeira being part of the package. 8-o
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers