No interest in Radke? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No interest in Radke?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stumpak » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:46 pm

1) Radke's contract is only two years; Sanatana will not be a free agent next season, correct? So what is the correlation?

2) How can Radke chronically be on the waiver wire? Unless there are like 7 teams in the league, that makes no sense.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:57 pm

LBJackal wrote:I hope he wasn't on your WW this year!

yeah..this last year was definitely the exception to the rule with Radke. I think someone did carry him for a while on their team
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby kentx12 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:06 pm

trevisc wrote:
LBJackal wrote:I hope he wasn't on your WW this year!

yeah..this last year was definitely the exception to the rule with Radke. I think someone did carry him for a while on their team

Im not huge on Radke either but he did go 11 and 8 last year with a 3.48 era and 220 innings. I am not an expert but I believe in most leagues he would have been on someones roster :-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:27 pm

stumpak wrote:1) Radke's contract is only two years; Sanatana will not be a free agent next season, correct? So what is the correlation?

2) How can Radke chronically be on the waiver wire? Unless there are like 7 teams in the league, that makes no sense.

I know this about Santana, but the Twins have been talking about signing him to a contract soon so as to not have to pay him a gazillion dollars in two years. That said, they'd have to go at least 10 million per, I'd imagine.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:27 pm

There is no way in hell that the Twins will let Santana go. Next year, they'll be out from under the Mays contract, which will give them some money to work with as well as probably moving Jaque Jones.
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:29 pm

Flockers wrote:There is no way in hell that the Twins will let Santana go. Next year, they'll be out from under the Mays contract, which will give them some money to work with as well as probably moving Jaque Jones.

Guys, I understand what you are saying. But I don't agree. Can you honestly see them signing him for a 4 year, 40 million dollar contract? I don't see them doing that. He'll demand at least that if he continues to pitch like he can.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Flockers wrote:There is no way in hell that the Twins will let Santana go. Next year, they'll be out from under the Mays contract, which will give them some money to work with as well as probably moving Jaque Jones.

Guys, I understand what you are saying. But I don't agree. Can you honestly see them signing him for a 4 year, 40 million dollar contract? I don't see them doing that. He'll demand at least that if he continues to pitch like he can.

Even that's low. Salaries of past Cy Young winners Pedro $17M and Randy $16.5 are who he's going to compare himself to.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Flockers » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:36 pm

Yeah, I just hope Radke can feed his family on 9 million a year. ;-)
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby funatic » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:40 pm

Flockers wrote:Yeah, I just hope Radke can feed his family on 9 million a year. ;-)

Come on, that was uncalled for. :-/

Sprewell needed more than 10 million a year to feed his family... ;-) :-P
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers