Glaus to AZ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Glaus to AZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannahann » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:32 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
dannahann wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:Glaus hit the jackpot financially but he deserves it if he's willing to play in that wasteland called BankOne.

Wasteland? Please don't take offense here but I've been to games at most of the ballparks in the majors, including yankee stadium and The Bob. Frankly there's NO comparison as to which was the the more enjoyable venue to watch a game or to bring a family. Yankee stadium has it's history and tradition sure, but to hear someone who attends games at that seething rathole in the bronx, refer to Bank One as a 'wasteland' is offensive.

I wasn't talking about the stadium itself. I was talking about Arizona and their franchise as a whole. Sorry you misinterpreted it.

Glad you corrected your mistake as your post only referred to the ballpark. To gloss the entire franchise as a wasteland is quite a pompous assertion too, but I've been to many games in your park, so I'll let that slide :-/
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:44 pm

dannahann wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
dannahann wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:Glaus hit the jackpot financially but he deserves it if he's willing to play in that wasteland called BankOne.

Wasteland? Please don't take offense here but I've been to games at most of the ballparks in the majors, including yankee stadium and The Bob. Frankly there's NO comparison as to which was the the more enjoyable venue to watch a game or to bring a family. Yankee stadium has it's history and tradition sure, but to hear someone who attends games at that seething rathole in the bronx, refer to Bank One as a 'wasteland' is offensive.

I wasn't talking about the stadium itself. I was talking about Arizona and their franchise as a whole. Sorry you misinterpreted it.

Glad you corrected your mistake as your post only referred to the ballpark. To gloss the entire franchise as a wasteland is quite a pompous assertion too, but I've been to many games in your park, so I'll let that slide :-/

I don't think it's a big assertion. They were the worst team in baseball last year and are frontrunners to be that again. He deserves that money to suffer there for a few years.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby funatic » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:48 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
dannahann wrote:

I don't mean to be picky, but he didn't misinterprete it. You called the stadium, BankOne a wasteland.

Also, the franchise is far from a wasteland. It may be in a bad state, but they Did win the WS only 3 years ago.
funatic
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:50 pm

Yeah, it did win the W.S. 3 years ago. But the team is horrible now. There's no disputing that. It's going to take them a while to rebuild and Glaus will have to put up with a losing team for a few years most likely.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Glaus to AZ

Postby Subversive » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:55 pm

stumpak wrote:Not the best way to rebuild in my opinion

Don't disagree with the rest of your thoughts, but Glaus is not even 30 years old yet. He has plenty of good (maybe stellar) years ahead of him if he can stay healthy. He could be a huge part of a rebuilding process.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:13 pm

Couple of notes here...
Yesterday everybody was saying that the fans in AZ would have no reason to go to the games if RJ is traded...
But it seems to me that a Gonzo/Glaus combination is one heck of a start. The BOB is very much an offensive ballpark and this could help Glaus a great deal. Especially with the BOB's elevation. Plus they offered Arbitration to Sexson so he is not exactly gone yet...

This creates an obvious logjam with Chad Tracy, Hillenbrand, Glaus and Sexson though. I would not be surprised to see Hillenbrand traded since Tracy still has options left.

As for the "defense" up the middle, Cintron, Kata, Gil and Hairston are not the answers. Even still, Cintron will probably start at SS and the best player for 2B would be Hairston.

They would still have a hole in the OF unless they decided to use Tracy out there, which is clearly an option. That would give them Gonzo, Terrerro and Tracy out there and put Hillenbrand back on the trading block unless they cannot land Sexson.

So looking at the bigger picture, I would say that the Baby Backs are not even close to being done yet. If they get Sexson though (which I doubt) .. Then they are a team to contend with in the NL West. ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:26 pm

Damn...He better pitch, hit, and coach for that kind of cash. Maybe even retrieve bats between hitters.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:31 pm

WHOA :-? 8-o

I saw this today and I couldnt believe it. Wow did they over pay.
I dont understand this move at all.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:37 pm

I would have spent that money on Sexson.

Maybe it's because I'm not a Glaus fan, but to me he isn't worth Chavez or Rolen money; no where near it.
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:41 pm

Who is Glaus's Agent? This is guy is good whoever it is?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers