Glaus to AZ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Glaus to AZ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:50 am

Right now, at 7:49 AZ time, Scott Boras is drooling in his sleep to have found out that Glaus got an average of $11M/year. Beltre will now command $13-$14 million for at least 4 years, and I am going to argue that this also influences Beltran. He'll now demand a minimum of $15M a year, and that $13M offer he has received from Houston is now nothing more than a pile of dog poo. I can't believe that AZ did this. I don't ever want to hear that organiuzation freakin' complaining about not being able to field a competitive team because of salaries. They simply are acting like Steinbrenner without the YES network to back them up. Maybe the owners discovered oil underneath the Bank One ballpark and the bumblin crude will finance this RIDICULOUS contract!

:-t :-t :-t to AZ ownership/GM!!!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:57 am

If RJ stays in Zona Im gonna hang myself
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:If RJ stays in Zona Im gonna hang myself

Comments like that could prove to be very painful. I do not think RJ is going anywhere (at least until the July deadline). The D'backs are backed into a corner and can't get out and the Yanks are not buying.

Rotoworld:
An NL source told Newsday that Randy Johnson has informed Arizona he will only waive his no-trade clause to go the Yankees.
It's becoming more likely that Arizona will just keep Johnson, but it would be a surprise if the Diamondbacks and Yankees don't have another round or two of talks before the start of spring training. Dec. 9 - 5:13 am et
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:27 pm

stumpak wrote:The guy that should be salivating is Beltre--if Glaus gets $11M per, what do you think Beltre is worth. Glaus' contract is really as distoriationary as Benson's.

I actually wish he'd sign as the yankees 2b...man..would I love that.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:30 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:If RJ stays in Zona Im gonna hang myself

Comments like that could prove to be very painful. I do not think RJ is going anywhere (at least until the July deadline). The D'backs are backed into a corner and can't get out and the Yanks are not buying.

Rotoworld:
An NL source told Newsday that Randy Johnson has informed Arizona he will only waive his no-trade clause to go the Yankees.
It's becoming more likely that Arizona will just keep Johnson, but it would be a surprise if the Diamondbacks and Yankees don't have another round or two of talks before the start of spring training. Dec. 9 - 5:13 am et

Interesting! At least they will talk again....Im still scared
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:37 pm

eftda wrote:Image

HAHAHA

:*)
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:16 pm

Glaus hit the jackpot financially but he deserves it if he's willing to play in that wasteland that is THE DIAMONDBACKS.

edit: better?
Last edited by ajgnydc722 on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dannahann » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:20 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Glaus hit the jackpot financially but he deserves it if he's willing to play in that wasteland called BankOne.

Wasteland? Please don't take offense here but I've been to games at most of the ballparks in the majors, including yankee stadium and The Bob. Frankly there's NO comparison as to which was the the more enjoyable venue to watch a game or to bring a family. Yankee stadium has it's history and tradition sure, but to hear someone who attends games at that seething rathole in the bronx, refer to Bank One as a 'wasteland' is offensive.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:22 pm

dannahann wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:Glaus hit the jackpot financially but he deserves it if he's willing to play in that wasteland called BankOne.

Wasteland? Please don't take offense here but I've been to games at most of the ballparks in the majors, including yankee stadium and The Bob. Frankly there's NO comparison as to which was the the more enjoyable venue to watch a game or to bring a family. Yankee stadium has it's history and tradition sure, but to hear someone who attends games at that seething rathole in the bronx, refer to Bank One as a 'wasteland' is offensive.

I wasn't talking about the stadium itself. I was talking about Arizona and their franchise as a whole. Sorry you misinterpreted it.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers