Woody Williams signs with San Diego - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Woody Williams signs with San Diego

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:09 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Woody is an average pitcher, I don't see him winning more then 14 (assuming he plays the whole season). I just don't buy his last year as a "comeback" year. Sure he "came back" but only for that year...

Side Note: Klesko is a great possibility for the yanks at first. pads wanna get rid of him, and I see Yanks having soem decent young pitching the pads might want.

The question is....why would the Yanks want Klesko? That guy is a minor-leaguer as far as I'm concerned.
Left handed extreme pull hitter. He could really thrive at Yankee stadium. Plus in the AL he could DH and maybe stay healthy for an entire year.

The dude hit 9 HRs in over 400 ABs last year!
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:24 am

He was banged up all last year plus he publicly stated that he let the dimensions at Petco get into his head. Getting out of SD and getting healthy could do wonders for him.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:25 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:He was banged up all last year plus he publicly stated that he let the dimensions at Petco get into his head. Getting out of SD and getting healthy could do wonders for him.

You could be right....but I don't see any team willing to take a chance on him for $6 million/year. Heck, I think the Yankees would be better off with Tony Clark.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers