Mussina... Sleeper or Bust? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mussina... Sleeper or Bust?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:36 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:People are not stupid. They will take the solid Mussina over a average or non-proven player anyday. I can see Mussina going higher than Prior in some drafts

no way. prior will go at least 2 rounds before mussina IMO. fantasy players love upside and that's what prior has. mussina was injured last year and he's not young anymore, onwers worry about that, worry about when his numbers will start going downhill. i think mussina will be alright next season, but he won't, and he shouldn't be taken before prior.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:53 am

I'll further the consensus that he will be back to normal. But this thread indicates that everyone thinks this, so that doesn't make him much of a sleeper, does it?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby trevisc » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:17 am

stumpak wrote:But this thread indicates that everyone thinks this, so that doesn't make him much of a sleeper, does it?

exactly.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:25 am

raiders_umpire wrote:considering the way he pitched the last month of the season and the playoffs, i consider him to be a ok for next year,,,and with that offense behind him he should be good for at least 17 wins if he is healthy all year....... i dont really consider him a sleeper at all.....
I'm pretty much on board with this thinking. He was pitching like the Moose of old the last month of the season and looked OK in the playoffs too.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:58 am

Moose 15- 10 3.88 ERA
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mtarail » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:59 am

trevisc wrote:
stumpak wrote:But this thread indicates that everyone thinks this, so that doesn't make him much of a sleeper, does it?

exactly.

I was hoping he really was a sleeper, but it doesn't look like anyone here is sleeping on him...
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:41 am

He'll be better next year, but it seems as though everyone here is thinking he'll return to his former self completely. I want him to prove it for a season before I draft him....b/c his draft value will pretty much be the Mussina of old. To me he's almost overrated this year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers