Report: Yankees Prepared to Offer Pavano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Report: Yankees Prepared to Offer Pavano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Report: Yankees Prepared to Offer Pavano

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:35 pm

Source: Rotoworld

According to the New York Daily News, the Yankees are prepared to make a four-year offer to Carl Pavano.
The paper believes the Yankees will give up on acquiring Randy Johnson (until July anyway) and try to enter next season with a rotation of Mike Mussina, Pavano, Javier Vazquez, Eric Milton and Jaret Wright. They could still ink Pavano and try to re-sign Orlando Hernandez as a sixth starter. Kevin Brown will be dumped on another team, maybe Atlanta. Dec. 8 - 2:51 pm et
Source: New York Daily News

Very interesting...
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:38 pm

I can't stand Kevin Brown. With that said..if he was on the Braves' roster i'd probably at least tolerate him while he was healthy.

:-o
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Re: Report: Yankees Prepared to Offer Pavano

Postby Pacman » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:04 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Kevin Brown will be dumped on another team, maybe Atlanta.

Why is it assumed that ANYONE will help the Yankees out by letting them "dump" Brown on them?? I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think there's a GM out there willing to take on even a PORTION of that ridiculous salary for a guy who's been as bad as Brown.

I say the '05 Yanks are stuck with Brown. If they DO unload him, I'll tip my cap to Cashman on a job well-done. However, I'll remain skeptical 'till that happens.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Report: Yankees Prepared to Offer Pavano

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:08 pm

Pacman wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
Kevin Brown will be dumped on another team, maybe Atlanta.

Why is it assumed that ANYONE will help the Yankees out by letting them "dump" Brown on them?? I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think there's a GM out there willing to take on even a PORTION of that ridiculous salary for a guy who's been as bad as Brown.

I say the '05 Yanks are stuck with Brown. If they DO unload him, I'll tip my cap to Cashman on a job well-done. However, I'll remain skeptical 'till that happens.

He had some horrible starts, including Game 7 of the ALCS, but I don't think you can deem his entire season horrible. He still has very good stuff and can be dominating at times. He was great in the ALDS game against the Twins, as well as others during the season.

I agree, it's going to be hard to dump him, and I'm not saying they will. I'm just reporting what Rotoworld says. ;-)
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:10 pm

If they don't have to pay his salary, I'm sure that a lot of teams would take Brown.

The Yanks will probably get some club to pay $2-4 M of his salary depending on how many games he starts (eg. base salary + $$ per start).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:14 pm

A little off-topic but...

does anyone know of a site which has all player salaries as well as team salaries?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:14 pm

if brown goes to the braves it's likely he'll win a cy young. braves players don't get injured (cough drew cough). braves picthers win games, even if they are not the best of pitchers (cough ortiz cough). :-b

i don't see ATL taking brown's contract though.

as for pavano, i think he's a good signing for the yankees. now, let's just hope he turns into a loaiza. sorry, ajgnydc722 ;-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:16 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:A little off-topic but...

does anyone know of a site which has all player salaries as well as team salaries?

player's contracts

http://www.bluemanc.demon.co.uk/baseball/mlbcontracts.htm
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:29 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:If they don't have to pay his salary, I'm sure that a lot of teams would take Brown.

The Yanks will probably get some club to pay $2-4 M of his salary depending on how many games he starts (eg. base salary + $$ per start).

if i was a GM, i would take my chances with brown if i only had to pay $4 million a year, but there is no way i take him at the tremendous salary he is set at........he is still good enough to earn a team $4 million easily if he is healthy...but that is a big IF
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:29 pm

I still say Johnson is gonna be a yankee...(Oh please god I just traded for him!)
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers