Tribe to deal Lawton to Pirates for Rhodes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tribe to deal Lawton to Pirates for Rhodes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tribe to deal Lawton to Pirates for Rhodes

Postby The Cow » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:20 pm

Being a Tribe fan, I would like to see Rhodes in MR, I think Lawton is replacable, not to mention inconsistent and an injury risk. I know Rhodes was awful last year, but he is worth taking a chance on. I think Cleveland G.M. Mark Shapiro is beginning to feel the squeeze on the FA SP market. The price isn't right for the Tribe. So I see the Triibe adding a bat, which seem to be cheaper than arms right now, and a lesser SP, not to mention Rhodes.

The Tribe has been trying for the last couple years to deal Lawton and this deal makes sense on both sides. Pirates need a bat and the Tribe needs a lefty out of the pen, the Tribe's only lefty out of the pen is Scott Sauerbeck who is coming off an injury.

Another rumor on the Tribe fan board is a young pitcher, I think it is C.C., for Adam Dunn.

Later,
COW
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Cow » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:22 pm

The Lawton Rhodes deal is just a rumor, started by a pittsburgh newspaper. This is not a done deal.
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Tribe to deal Lawton to Pirates for Rhodes

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:22 pm

The Cow wrote:Another rumor on the Tribe fan board is a young pitcher, I think it is C.C., for Adam Dunn.

I think that's terrible deal. You just said they need SP, not hitting and Sabathia is a very good young SP and a lefty to boot. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:26 pm

Yeah..that trade doesn't make too much sense..

I thought Lawton was a pretty good hitter...

hmm

:-?
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby The Cow » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:30 pm

I don't know that it is C.C., but judging from what the Reds asked the Fish for Dunn(Beckett). I figure it must be C.C. Some people on the Tribe board think it is Cliff Lee, but that deal makes no sense to me.

Personally I like the C.C. for Dunn deal. I would take Dunn over C.C., provided they sign a quality SP. Say the Tribe signs Clement and adds Dunn. I like that, but they would still need another SP. Regardless it won't happen.
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:38 pm

i think cleveland could surely get someone better than rhodes for lawton..... :-? :-? or at least i would want to get someone better than rhodes for lawton....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:38 pm

I thought the rumor was any Cleveland starter EXCEPT C.C. for Kearns or Dunn.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:39 pm

i don't think the indians should trade any of their starters...especially for another bat. weren't they like 2nd or 3rd last season in runs scored?

i'm not sure that trading lawton for rhodes is godd either. lawton is an injury risk, but rhodes is a bad pitching risk.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby kentx12 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:46 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:i don't think the indians should trade any of their starters...especially for another bat. weren't they like 2nd or 3rd last season in runs scored?

I agree. They have a pretty good young offense. If htere pitching comes around they could be a decent ball team.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:50 pm

A Dunn for CC trade wouldn't be the greatest trade ever, but I wouldn't be too disappointed b/c Cincy desperately needs an ace...but I don't know if I'd be willing to give up Dunn. As hard as it is to believe, he turned in to one of the best power hitters in the game last year.

Maybe Cincy is trying to trade him in case he's on roids? :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers