Lieber Going to Philly (?) -- NY Post - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lieber Going to Philly (?) -- NY Post

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:40 pm

NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:Im dissapointed. I would have liked to keep Lieber, but he is not worth that much money. They definnately over-payed for him.

But we paid the same for frickin Jaret Wright. I'd easily take the money that funded that April Fool's joke and give it to Lieber.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:55 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
NY Yankees Fan 2004 wrote:Im dissapointed. I would have liked to keep Lieber, but he is not worth that much money. They definnately over-payed for him.

But we paid the same for frickin Jaret Wright. I'd easily take the money that funded that April Fool's joke and give it to Lieber.

it sucks. I think that Wright will have some struggles. He will be away from Mazone. Lieber was very solid in the playoffs and we know what we could get out of him. I would easliy take Lieber over him. When I read that we would be paying Wright that kind of money I wasnt too happy.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:20 am

Wright and Lieber are overpaid. As a Yankee fan, though, wouldn't you rather pay Lieber for a one year, $8 million contract than Wright for a three year, 21 mill contract? The Yankees are weird.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:29 am

Transmogrifier wrote:Wright and Lieber are overpaid. As a Yankee fan, though, wouldn't you rather pay Lieber for a one year, $8 million contract than Wright for a three year, 21 mill contract? The Yankees are weird.

No Cashman is an idiot. He obviously got blind-sided by the Benson deal thinking he could get Lieber for 2 years/12 M. So instead of cutting his losses and paying Lieber, he overpays for a pitcher that is worse than Lieber IMO.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:42 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:Wright and Lieber are overpaid. As a Yankee fan, though, wouldn't you rather pay Lieber for a one year, $8 million contract than Wright for a three year, 21 mill contract? The Yankees are weird.

No Cashman is an idiot. He obviously got blind-sided by the Benson deal thinking he could get Lieber for 2 years/12 M. So instead of cutting his losses and paying Lieber, he overpays for a pitcher that is worse than Lieber IMO.

I'd agree. As much as I don't like admitting it, I do think it takes a special pitcher to pitch in NY. The Yankees just let one go--is Wright one of them? I don't think so.

And I'd bet Cashman isn't driving the bus.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:49 am

Maybe. It is usually difficult to tell how much George is meddling. However, I can't see George saying..."I want Milton and Wright and Womack". I can see him saying "I want RJ". Cashman is way overrated as a GM and has made a LOT of mistakes since 2001 IMO.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Maybe. It is usually difficult to tell how much George is meddling. However, I can't see George saying..."I want Milton and Wright and Womack". I can see him saying "I want RJ". Cashman is way overrated as a GM and has made a LOT of mistakes since 2001 IMO.

LOL. When I read that I pictured Cashman sitting in Steinbrenner's office like George on Seinfeld and Steinbrenner going I want RJ, I want him now. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby swingaway » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:03 am

this just in the red sox resign pedro and sign pavano. The next day the yanks desperate to counter the red sox. Trade for rj by trading vazquez, brown, gordon, a prospect and some cash to the d-backs. }:-)
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:50 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Maybe. It is usually difficult to tell how much George is meddling. However, I can't see George saying..."I want Milton and Wright and Womack". I can see him saying "I want RJ". Cashman is way overrated as a GM and has made a LOT of mistakes since 2001 IMO.

LOL. When I read that I pictured Cashman sitting in Steinbrenner's office like George on Seinfeld and Steinbrenner going I want RJ, I want him now. :-D

I want RJ... and a Paizano's calzone!

But yeah, Lieber is a lot better than Wright and they're being paid the same amount for the same time period :-? WTF were the Yankees thinking?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:51 am

For what it's worth, the Boston Globe reports that Lieber's deal was really 3/18--which should really get some Yankee fans boiling, if true.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers