Chris Hammond - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Hammond

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Hammond

Postby allforone » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:34 am

What's up with this Atlanta middle relief guy. He was having a great year and isn't on the DL but has not pitched since August 9th. Is there something wrong with him? He was giving me a lot of quality innings as I'm running high on innings but if he's not going to pitch at all I could pickup someone like Bradford or Hawkins.
allforone
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:20 pm

You're right - that is odd. If Hammond is in fact hurt, the Braves have kept this fact to themselves. Wait a couple more days before making any moves, but keep a close eye on Hammond. There hasn't been any mention of a problem in the Altlanta media (at least not as far as I've seen), which at least is a good sign...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:37 pm

The Braves revealed today that Hammond had a groin strain; he should be fine now. Keep an eye on him, though. Hope this helps...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Chris Hammond

Postby allforone » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:38 pm

Thanks. That's helpful. I'll keep an eye out. Anyone else you think worthy of that middle relief type role. I know Bradford from the A's and Hawkins from the Twins but was wondering if there were others who may be out there
allforone
T-Ball Trainer

Postby tallmike » Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:24 pm

Shiggy Hasegawa has 6 vulture wins this year with the Mariners and that's always nice. Not pitched as well lately and I think 5 of those wins before the break. Decent numbers for a middle releiver.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:41 am

There are quite a few solid middle relievers, many of which will be available in the majority of leagues. Octavio Dotel should still be fine, even with Tom Gordon on board in Houston; Arthur Rhodes is also a good option; Scott Sauerbeck and Brian Boehringer have been surprisingly solid for Pittsburgh; Mike Stanton will pick up a save here and there...

Take your pick! :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers