Radical Strategy...Yes or No??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Radical Strategy...Yes or No???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby phunkadelic » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:53 pm

Hold it there Tiger. On normal 5x5 leagues, I love to stack up on closers. I usually have 5 or so, to go along with 5 SP. Then I have a very limited hitting bench. I start my pitchers based on match ups. If you get the good closers it CAN keep your ERA down. But you'll never get the strikeouts you're hoping for. And I feel that you'd get quite a few losses, because closers and good set-up men only come in when it's a really close game. Plus it puts you completely out of CG and Sho opportunities. That alone would be too much for me to take.

Plus I don't think it will really help your lineup, it's pretty stacked already.

Side note: how is IP a scoring category?
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:43 pm

phunkadelic wrote:
Side note: how is IP a scoring category?

It's an option in Yahoo. There are like 26 different scoring categories to choose from.

Innings pitched is one of them. I wanted to make our league a 5X5 league this year, but all the managers who've been in our league for a while balked.

The first year I started the league, I didn't know what I was doing when I set it up. I clicked all of the stats that I thought would be good to be measured on, and IP was one of them.

I eliminated some of the sillier ones this year, but others have hung around. The guys in the league like it this way.

It's hard to draft for all of these categories.

Matt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers