Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:36 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Whats the deal with Hinske guys? Has his stock really fallen that far? What do you expect from him?

yeah. after that ROY award in 02, his stock has really fallen. he hit below .250 the past two years, no more than 60 RBIs, no more than 15 HRs. he was terrible on defense in 02, but his offensive numbers weren't bad. now, his defensive, while still isn't great, has improved a lot, but his batting numbers has really fallen. on-base % and slg % are also down...

if the jays did get koskie, they wouldn't get rid of hinske, but move hom to 1B. they gave him a 5 year deal after the ROY award...doesn't look so good now...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:04 pm

Hey, I like Hinske. I just think that JP is ruining him. He will never hit for a high average or take a lot of walks. They should just let him swing for the fences and let him stop worrying about OBP. But that's not going to happen with JP around so they should trade him while he still has some value IMO.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby El Gaupo » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:49 pm

trevisc wrote:that's just crazy news. I'd take Alexis Rios over Johnson ANY DAY!

I totally agree...Let Rios get one full year under his belt and put up some #'s...afterwhich he will have much greater trade value.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Hey, I like Hinske. I just think that JP is ruining him. He will never hit for a high average or take a lot of walks. They should just let him swing for the fences and let him stop worrying about OBP. But that's not going to happen with JP around so they should trade him while he still has some value IMO.

Bad BA and bad OBA... you might not agree with sabermetrics but that is a horrible combination. 25 HR's won't make it any better, we'd basically have another Tony Batista, and that's not a good thing.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:03 pm

Agreed. Not a good combo. Like Rico and a keyboard.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers