Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:23 pm

Isnt Rios considered one of the absolute best prospects in baseball right now?

Im not very knowledgable about the Jays, but it sould seem to me that Rios is almost untouchable right about now.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jivedude » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:35 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Isnt Rios considered one of the absolute best prospects in baseball right now?

Im not very knowledgable about the Jays, but it sould seem to me that Rios is almost untouchable right about now.

Yeah that seems crazy to me. It sounds like something the Mets would do.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:44 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
GameOn wrote:Riccardi really doesn't like Rios because he is similar to Vernon Wells. I have heard they wanted to trade him for a while, wouldn't surprise me if they are thinking about it.

I think the Nationals would be getting a hell of a deal though.

JP doesn't like rios because he's like Wells??? i wish all Jays players were like vernon ;-7

I could live with having another Vernon Wells! Rios might not have power yet, but he will, and he's already a good MLB hitter. He's pretty good in the OF too. Then there's the fact that he's much cheaper. If we trade Rios we better get more than Nick Johnson. Hopefully it's just a ploy to make Carlos think we're looking at other 1B already... I wouldn't mind having Delgado back, but not long-term.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:21 pm

Apparently Wells does not have enough plate discipline for JP. Go figure 8-o
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:48 pm

Nick "Oh my Wrist" Johnson is so over-hyped it is not funny. Here is a guy that has been in the Majors since 2001 (regalar since 2002) and has never amassed more than 378 ABs/128 games...never hit more than 15 Hrs...driven in more than 58 rbis. A lifetime .255 hitter. Man is BRITTLE to say the least and is never going to be mistaken for Helton.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:20 am

that's just crazy news. I'd take Alexis Rios over Johnson ANY DAY!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:40 am

I just heard on the radio this morning that the Jays and Nationals are in serious heated talks and the two players being discussed are Rios and Johnson.

This drives me crazy. The Jays better get a hell of a lot more out of this, but other than Livan or Wilkerson, I don't know that the Nationals have a hell of a lot to offer.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:42 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I just heard on the radio this morning that the Jays and Nationals are in serious heated talks and the two players being discussed are Rios and Johnson.

This drives me crazy. The Jays better get a hell of a lot more out of this, but other than Livan or Wilkerson, I don't know that the Nationals have a hell of a lot to offer.

Armas? I know the Nationals would like to trade him....and he does have the potential....

Still though, I can't justify giving up Rios for Armas and Johnson (Johnson is a joke).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:00 am

armas and johnson? they must have heard canada has a good healthcare system. :-?

this rios-johnson rumor just doesn't make any sense to me, unless more players are involved.

just read at rotoworld that...ahhhh, i'll just post what i read :-D

The Blue Jays might have talked with the Pirates about a trade for Craig Wilson.
Wilson isn't going to remain in Pittsburgh for the long-term, but a deal is much more likely to take place in July or next winter. Perhaps that would change if the Blue Jays were willing to give up Alexis Rios, but we can't imagine they'd do that for Wilson unless Kip Wells were also involved.

JP can't be serious about trading rios... :-t

in other jays' news...rotoworld also said tony clark might be a possibility at 1B and that koskie might not be coming to toronto after all. looks like the jays will stick to hinske. IMO, koskie is way better than hinske, but who isn't?

i also heard the possibility of olerud or fred mcgriff playing 1B for toronto next year.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:22 pm

Whats the deal with Hinske guys? Has his stock really fallen that far? What do you expect from him?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers