Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nick Johnson to the Blue Jays?

Postby chinch sacs » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:07 am

From Rotoworld:

Nick Johnson - 1B - Expos

Accordring to ESPN's Peter Gammons, the Blue Jays and Nationals have discussed swapping Alexis Rios and Nick Johnson.
Interesting if true. Considering that Johnson had more injury problems last season and is moving closer to free agency, he's probably not as valuable as Rios at the moment. Still, Johnson fits in better with the Blue Jays' offensive philosophy. Maybe something could be worked out if the Nationals throw in a prospect or even Tony Armas Jr. Dec. 7 - 1:23 am et
Source: ESPN.com

If I were the Nationals, I would be all over this...
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:22 am

Agreed. Though I didnt know this rumor even existed until now. Thanks.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:26 am

Peter Gammons must know everything
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:50 am

that would be a nice pick up for the Nationals.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tlef316 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:18 am

nick has the potential to be a very good ball player, but he is very very fragile. Nationals have to make this move if it is indeed on the table
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:02 am

JP Riccardi was on a morning talk radio show this morning. Delgado becomes a free agent at midnight tonight. JP said that the chances of him playing for the Jays next year are very slim and that they have made their last offer to Carlos and have not heard back from him.

As of tomorrow the Jays biggest need is a first baseman and a big bat (according to JP). That said, I would be shocked if they gave up Rios for Johnson - totally shocked. Rios can be the next Vernon Wells and is cheap.

I don't believe it. Johnson would be a good fit for the Jays but not for Rios. Maybe for Gabe Gross and or McGowan but not Rios. Please not Rios.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:56 pm

i'd also be shocked if JP gave up rios for johnson, shocked and angry. :-t in fact, i'd never set a foot at skydome again if this trade happens :-b i'd rather see chris gomez playing 1B all season than trading rios for johnson B-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby El Gaupo » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:09 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:JP Riccardi was on a morning talk radio show this morning. Delgado becomes a free agent at midnight tonight. JP said that the chances of him playing for the Jays next year are very slim and that they have made their last offer to Carlos and have not heard back from him.

As of tomorrow the Jays biggest need is a first baseman and a big bat (according to JP). That said, I would be shocked if they gave up Rios for Johnson - totally shocked. Rios can be the next Vernon Wells and is cheap.

I don't believe it. Johnson would be a good fit for the Jays but not for Rios. Maybe for Gabe Gross and or McGowan but not Rios. Please not Rios.

Even Gross and McGowan would be too much. Maybe Gross and one of their infield prospects.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GameOn » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:25 pm

Riccardi really doesn't like Rios because he is similar to Vernon Wells. I have heard they wanted to trade him for a while, wouldn't surprise me if they are thinking about it.

I think the Nationals would be getting a hell of a deal though.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:08 pm

GameOn wrote:Riccardi really doesn't like Rios because he is similar to Vernon Wells. I have heard they wanted to trade him for a while, wouldn't surprise me if they are thinking about it.

I think the Nationals would be getting a hell of a deal though.

JP doesn't like rios because he's like Wells??? i wish all Jays players were like vernon ;-7
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers