Garret Anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Garret Anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Garret Anderson

Postby TownDrunk » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:10 am

What kind of season can we expect out of him? Will he bounce back? Is he healthy? What are some projections?

I know this isn't the trade forum, but I'm mulling over a deal that would include me parting with Konerko and gaining Anderson. I could use a LF, and I understand that's where he'll be playing next season.

So what say ye, Cafe? What can we expect out of Mr. Anderson?

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby San D » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:30 am

I think Anderson's body is beginning to pull a Chipper Jones on him. he has been consistent over the years, but little injuries are taking a toll. His strength had always been a ton of swings and a .300ish avg, high 20 HR's 110 RBI's. Now, you're looking at a gradual decline. I would say .290 21 HR 90 RBI. Not bad, but I would keep Konerko and try to find another LF.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TownDrunk » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:58 am

Bumped so I'm not lost in the shuffle :-)

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:07 am

yeah, anderson is one of the most consistent hitters in baseball, i mean, consistent good hitter, cuz there are a lot of consistent bad hitters, those who hit 3 HRs every season :-b

but somehow what happened to him this season really worries me, just like giambi.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:18 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:but somehow what happened to him this season really worries me, just like giambi.

Took the words right out of my mouth. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby LBJackal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:19 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:yeah, anderson is one of the most consistent hitters in baseball, i mean, consistent good hitter, cuz there are a lot of consistent bad hitters, those who hit 3 HRs every season

LMAO, you nevel fail for an out-of-the-blue comment :-b

As for GA - here's what I have for him:

.309, 27 HR, 116 RBI, 84 R, 4 SB. That's in 155 GP... so if by chance he makes the whole season add a few to each category.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:28 am

LBJackal wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:yeah, anderson is one of the most consistent hitters in baseball, i mean, consistent good hitter, cuz there are a lot of consistent bad hitters, those who hit 3 HRs every season

LMAO, you nevel fail for an out-of-the-blue comment :-b

As for GA - here's what I have for him:

.309, 27 HR, 116 RBI, 84 R, 4 SB. That's in 155 GP... so if by chance he makes the whole season add a few to each category.

:-D

those are the numbers i'd expect from him if he didn't have...whatever he had, arthritis? if it's arthritis, he prolly still has it, right? i dunno, i just can't trust him enough to draft him where he'll prolly be drafted...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:32 am

Yikes, I'm really underselling him then. I usually play it safe when projecting guys with injuries that keep them out for as long as Anderson. Anyway I've got:

81/27/98/.309 -- R/HR/RBI/AVG
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby stumpak » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:51 am

Before we bury this guy, he did hit .300 last year as always, which was about .60 better than Chipper Jones, whose decline is supposedly comparable. Moreover, he slugged an HR once every 30 ABs in August and Sept after he was recovered from his injury, which compares favorably to his career average of a HR once every 28 ABs. This guy is not Tim Salmon--given his consistent history, I am suprised that so many people on this board (in this and other threads) want to put him out to pasture on such slim evidence of a decline.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:04 am

stumpak wrote:Before we bury this guy, he did hit .300 last year as always, which was about .60 better than Chipper Jones, whose decline is supposedly comparable. Moreover, he slugged an HR once every 30 ABs in August and Sept after he was recovered from his injury, which compares favorably to his career average of a HR once every 28 ABs. This guy is not Tim Salmon--given his consistent history, I am suprised that so many people on this board (in this and other threads) want to put him out to pasture on such slim evidence of a decline.

yea i would still be happy with him around round 5-6 or so in a 12 team league, but any earlier than that i would not want him.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers