Just drafted my new keeper team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted my new keeper team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:43 am

Baseballer02 wrote:Would Peavy not be considered an ace? He's been picked in the 3rd round in both drafts that I've been apart of.

Escobar was up an down, but in the long haul, did he not deliver? I also think this is Harden's year to truly bust out, dark horse candidate for the Cy.

The only questioning to Burnett is if he can stay healthy, if he does he's golden. Bonderman is the biggest question mark, he's a hyped up sleeper and noone really knows what to expect.

I guess you could consider him an ace. :-?

Escobar will put up good nubmers by years end, but it's H2H and his bad weeks will kill you, trust me I know. :-/

My only question about Burnett was his health. If he is healthy, he could be the best of that rotation IMO. While I like Bonderman, I have to agree with you on that.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:45 am

ensanimal wrote:
kentx12 wrote:Yopur offense looks good but I would try to improve on yuor pitching.

agreed, your offense looks good, especially if mcpherson can deliver the goods. but, you've got a lot of question marks on your pitching staff.

i agree as well....your offense should be in the top 4 easily in your league...and your pitching aint bad it just has a lot question marks around it right now......if your pitchers stay healthy then u will be fine...i might would try to find another closer though, as urbina is a big ? right now.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:47 am

The team looks really good. The SP is fine. I would worry about the closers. Hoffman is a big injury risk in my eyes and Urbina might not even play. :-o
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:25 pm

ok sorry but i got another question then, who should i try to trade to get another closer and what skill level of closer like a gagne, rivera or a looper, kolb
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:53 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:ok sorry but i got another question then, who should i try to trade to get another closer and what skill level of closer like a gagne, rivera or a looper, kolb

I'd wait til closer to the beginning of the year to see how the closer roles will shake out. You don't have to overpay for Gagne, River, etc to get a good total of saves. Try to find the next Nathan in spring training or once the season starts would be my advice since there are plenty of spots up for grabs this year. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby swarmee » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:00 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:ok sorry but i got another question then, who should i try to trade to get another closer and what skill level of closer like a gagne, rivera or a looper, kolb

Well, if you are only allowed 35 innings, I'd go for Gagne. ;-)

I think Looper/Nathan range is where you should be looking. Don't want to trade away top talent just to add saves, at this point.
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team