#1 overall pick in a 5x5 dynasty league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

#1 overall pick in a 5x5 dynasty league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:56 pm

or a bunch of retards, o wait......
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:57 pm

Moose, you have started a thread that might still be going come draft day next spring.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ensanimal » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:59 pm

i've gotta go with pujols. beltran's power/speed combo is dynamite, but i'd feel safer going with pujols.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby giants8307 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:19 pm

Pujols puts up consistent numbers and will be a Cardinal for a long time. Beltran put up great numbers in his contract year. I would have to go with Pujols. Besides, what if Beltran does go to NY? He will play in a pitchers' park, and his numbers could very well go down(see: AROD).
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:53 pm

Minute Maid and Yankee Stadium aren't that different if you look at park factors. And considering MM favours righties, and YS favours lefties, you'd have to think it might help Beltran since he bats lefty most of the time. His OPS could be hurt though, considering the lack of doubles and triples Yankee Stadium gives up. But RBI and R - I see an increase for both of those. Same with SB's. The only think I can think a move to the Yankees would hurt is his BA but with A-Rod and Sheff presumably hitting behind him - he should see his share of fastballs, and I believe he's a fastball hitter.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby giants8307 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:04 am

LBJackal wrote:Minute Maid and Yankee Stadium aren't that different if you look at park factors. And considering MM favours righties, and YS favours lefties, you'd have to think it might help Beltran since he bats lefty most of the time. His OPS could be hurt though, considering the lack of doubles and triples Yankee Stadium gives up. But RBI and R - I see an increase for both of those. Same with SB's. The only think I can think a move to the Yankees would hurt is his BA but with A-Rod and Sheff presumably hitting behind him - he should see his share of fastballs, and I believe he's a fastball hitter.

I've always heard yankee stadium was a huge pitchers' park. Can u provide me some stats(e.g. factors)?
Last edited by giants8307 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:06 am

I am still taking Arod .... ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:12 am

giants8307 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Minute Maid and Yankee Stadium aren't that different if you look at park factors. And considering MM favours righties, and YS favours lefties, you'd have to think it might help Beltran since he bats lefty most of the time. His OPS could be hurt though, considering the lack of doubles and triples Yankee Stadium gives up. But RBI and R - I see an increase for both of those. Same with SB's. The only think I can think a move to the Yankees would hurt is his BA but with A-Rod and Sheff presumably hitting behind him - he should see his share of fastballs, and I believe he's a fastball hitter.

I've always heard yankee stadium was a huge picthers' park. Can u provide me some stats(e.g. factors)?

100 is neutral, above 100 is to the hitter's advantage.

R Factor:

Yankee Stadium: 92
Minute Miad: 100

HR factor:

Yankee Stadium: 103
Minute Maid: 108

The higher the better... so MM is better in both areas, but like I said MM favours righties, while YS favours lefties... and Beltran bats left-handed most of the time. I wish I could find something that shows what the factors are for lefties/righties separately :-?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:15 am

wrveres wrote:I am still taking Arod .... ;-D

finally ;-D

but really, i'd go with beltran, regardless where he ends up ;-)

i have a question though. moose said it was a roto league, if it was a HTH league, would you guys change the pick or it doesn't really matter cuz it's the #1 pick.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby giants8307 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:16 am

LBJackal wrote:
giants8307 wrote:

I've always heard yankee stadium was a huge picthers' park. Can u provide me some stats(e.g. factors)?

100 is neutral, above 100 is to the hitter's advantage.

R Factor:

Yankee Stadium: 92
Minute Miad: 100

HR factor:

Yankee Stadium: 103
Minute Maid: 108

The higher the better... so MM is better in both areas, but like I said MM favours righties, while YS favours lefties... and Beltran bats left-handed most of the time. I wish I could find something that shows what the factors are for lefties/righties separately :-?

Thanks Jackal. good stuff.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers