Kevin Brown's Future - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Brown's Future

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Brown's Future

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:30 am

I've thought so much about getting this guy off the Yankees that I forget he's still on our roster. Are the Yankees going to trade him? Is he going to be in the starting rotation next year again? What do you see him doing in 2005 and for who?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:36 am

I don't follow the Yankees much but every move they make or even think about making always makes a big splash. That being said I've heard nothing about Brown so far, so I assume he's going to be back in pin stripes in '05. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:58 am

My guess is that he remains with the Yankees. I think they'd like to move him but in order to do so they'd have to eat some of that contract. That's going to be a problem considering that the Yankees are working with limited financial flexibility this year and especially if they decide to go after Beltran.

On top of that, if the R.J. deal goes through and they lose Vazquez it might not be in their best interest to move him. Even if they sign Pavano or Milton. It's not too bad when your #3 or #4 pitcher is Kevin Brown. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:35 am

They would if they could. No one wants Brown and his contract. And paying some team most of the 15M to take him makes little sense either. I would love to see him gone. Vazquez too. Both are huge losers.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:22 am

TheYanks04 wrote:They would if they could. No one wants Brown and his contract. And paying some team most of the 15M to take him makes little sense either. I would love to see him gone. Vazquez too. Both are huge losers.

Vazquez is no Contreras. He is good, just not cut out for New York. If he makes it back to the National League he will end up with 10th - 15th overall best SP numbers next year.

Brown in his prime was definately no loser. His best days are long behind him, but he is still a decent #3 pitcher on any roster.

Only a Yankee's fan could complain about haveing those two :-D .
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:58 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:They would if they could. No one wants Brown and his contract. And paying some team most of the 15M to take him makes little sense either. I would love to see him gone. Vazquez too. Both are huge losers.

Vazquez is no Contreras. He is good, just not cut out for New York. If he makes it back to the National League he will end up with 10th - 15th overall best SP numbers next year.

Brown in his prime was definately no loser. His best days are long behind him, but he is still a decent #3 pitcher on any roster.

Only a Yankee's fan could complain about haveing those two :-D .

I'm not complaing about having them. I'd like to see Vazquez stay and despite what Brown has done, he showed some flashes of his prior greatness.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:01 pm

Vaz is no Contreras...the analogy is one with Mr. Weaver. CON-treras has no talent. Weaver did/does but was a gutless wonder who could not pitch under pressure. Vaz can go put up nice numbers with some 2nd division team ala Kenny Rogers over his career. Still is a loser and of no value to a contender.

As to Brown, he is years past his prime and outside of the 97 Marlins and pennant winning 98 Padres never won a thing. And he is also one of the dumbest idiots in MLB. Loser is the perfect term for the guy. He may not be as big a loser as someone like Vaz or Giambi, but he is still a loser.

The objective is to win not to collect talent that needs time to adjust to NY or get their heads straightened out and not stuck in their behinds. Brown will liekly stay because dealing him for anything notable money or player-wise is near impossible. Why pay someone 14 of Brown;s 15 M salary just to be rid of him?
Vaz still has value and shoul dbe shipped out before he completely implodes in 05 and becomes near worthless.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby reiser » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:47 am

TheYanks04 wrote: As to Brown, he is years past his prime and outside of the 97 Marlins and pennant winning 98 Padres never won a thing. And he is also one of the dumbest idiots in MLB. Loser is the perfect term for the guy. He may not be as big a loser as someone like Vaz or Giambi, but he is still a loser.

apparently he has been named in the steroid controversy as well
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1938586
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:51 pm

reiser wrote:apparently he has been named in the steroid controversy as well
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1938586

Very interesting article. That could be a topic unto itself.
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:54 pm

Sheesh. It's no wonder people see Yankees fans and whining sniveling spoiled crybabies. Just last year they were saying the same about Mussina. :-t :-t :-t

Look at some other staffs and get a reality check. :-t
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers