Any news on Penny? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any news on Penny?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any news on Penny?

Postby Trot Nixon » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:38 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had any news, good or bad on how Brad Penny is doing?
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby L0rdB23 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:31 pm

he just needed to rest his arm.. he had the same type of injury kerry wood had during the season from what ive heard.. he should be 100% by the start of spring training
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:52 pm

He hasn't thrown yet and I read that the Dodgers have no plans to pitch him off a mound in December which isn't good news. But I haven't seen any new news in the last week or so.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rotodog » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:15 pm

wILL Carroll form Baseball prospectus says this is the same type injury that STL pitcher Chris carpenter had at the end of the year.Penny was a bit more serious though. As it sits , Carpenter was almost ready to pitch the world series which is good news for both injuries. this type of injury is kind of new to doctors and trainers so I dont think anyone will actually know a Thing until Spring training starts and we see them pitch. If you own Penny in a keeper league for pennies (nice choice of words ), I would hold onto him unless i clearly had a better choice. If he will take the spot of a healthier choice before you can see him pitch this spring, let him go and hope you can get him back cheap if he's OK.......
ROTODOG
rotodog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers