Gentlemen, find a woman that can cook - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Gentlemen, find a woman that can cook

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:03 pm

btw - it was a spinach/chicken/feta cheese caserole. yuck.gif

that is grounds for divorce.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:36 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Yes, we have a dish washer but it's generally reserved for dishes and cutlery. Pots, pans etc get done by hand in our house or else the dishwasher would be going non-stop. I have considered getting a second dishwasher but that's crazy - right?

Your family is 5 deep, right? I dont think having 2 dishwashers would be crazy - I guess it depends on how big yours is, if it is built in or portable, and how much you want to pay in water every month. My portable gets full awfully quick with just the 2.5 of us - I can see having 2 with 5 people.

Im off to look up cooking for couples classes in my area - I really like the idea as a gift for this Christmas. Original, unexpected, useful, couple oriented... thats a big thumbs up in my book - hopefully the classes arent that expensive.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:57 pm

BigMusky wrote:
btw - it was a spinach/chicken/feta cheese caserole. yuck.gif

that is grounds for divorce.

Anything called a caserole is bad...just a terrible name...like quesh
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:29 pm

1. I got around that whole problem by learning how to cook for myself. My wife won't even come near the kitchen now because she's afraid of getting shown up. She compensates by giving me mucho loving.
  2. You need to find a place like this in your area. If there's no business like it in your area, then you have a great idea for starting a business. You can't lose!
;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby kentx12 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:43 pm

How bad this story makes me feel. I can remember when my wife used to try to cook awful meals for me. Those were the good days. Now I would love some bad home cooked meals the take out gets old.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:38 pm

StlSluggers wrote: I got around that whole problem by learning how to cook for myself. My wife won't even come near the kitchen now because she's afraid of getting shown up. She compensates by giving me mucho loving.

and we are still waiting for the pics...

kentx12 wrote:How bad this story makes me feel. I can remember when my wife used to try to cook awful meals for me. Those were the good days. Now I would love some bad home cooked meals the take out gets old.

true. take out does get old. my brother and I cook once in a while, and it's awful, but it's still better than take out everyday.

@Mookie
put the kids to work! :~( they are the best dishwasher u can find.

i remember when my ex used to cook kimchi chigae with whatever leftovers there were in the house. it would stink up the place so bad i had to go out. it was still better than anything i can cook...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:32 pm

I guess one of the (few) good things about going to school in the same city where mom and dad live is I can still go home every night and get a great meal. My mom's an awesome cook. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:57 am

Guess I should be thankful that my wife's a good cook. :-) Have to admit that my inlaws are good cooks too, so it does give me a little reason to go over to her folks house once in awhile. :-D Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:12 am

StlSluggers wrote:I got around that whole problem by learning how to cook for myself. My wife won't even come near the kitchen now because she's afraid of getting shown up. She compensates by giving me mucho loving.

like wise at my house...i do 90% of the cooking as my wife could not even boil an egg when we first got married, and since i took a couple of culinary art classes in college just for fun, i do a majority of the cooking....the best part of it is that she feels sad and does the dishes by herself and also usually gets me some loving later on..... :-D :-D :-D

Madison wrote:Have to admit that my inlaws are good cooks too, so it does give me a little reason to go over to her folks house once in awhile. Lol.

again likewise my wifes mom is the 2nd best cook i know behind my grandma, so i never have a problem going over there to the inlaws because i know i will be gettin some good food......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:30 pm

I find more men cook than women these days.

I don't need a woman that can cook. I own a restaurant.
Don't need a woman that cleans. As I type this there's a hot Latin momma cleaning my house. (Fired the blonde w/ big boobs because I caught her drinking my wine on the job). That pretty much leaves only one use for a woman in my life. :-) ...and it ain't shopping.

That being said, tomorrow I have a date with a woman who loves to cook.
If there are any single women reading this; learn to cook. Sooner or later your ass will get fat and your boobs will droop. You'll have an easier time keeping a man if you know how to cook.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk