Gentlemen, find a woman that can cook - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Gentlemen, find a woman that can cook

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gentlemen, find a woman that can cook

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:09 pm

If my wife finds this I'm toast but I thought that I would vent a little.

I came home from work last night and my wife says that she's been cooking all day and that she has a feast ready for dinner. Great! I look in the kitchen and it looks like it was hit by a tornado, followed by a tidal wave. These are the dishes she used to make dinner:

Our 2 biggest pots;
2 caserole dishes;
a frying pan;
a wok;
2 colanders;
3 large mixing bowls;
4 (four!) chopping boards;
6 (yes six!) kitchen knives;
countless other bowls, plates and utensils. I found our pepper grinder in the sink under dirty dishes.

To top it all off the meal kinda sucked :-P . To make matters worse I had to tell her how good it was.

When you're dating and having sex every hour, cooking ability is the farthest thing from your mind, but trust me on this, one day it will matter.

At least there were no leftovers ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:20 pm

LMAO Mookie. Sorry to hear that, but I have to say it's very very funny.

You could pay for cooking classes for Christmas, right? Just make sure not to tell her that you are doing it because she's a bad cook.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Arlo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:23 pm

Let me guess: you got to do the dishes? :-o
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:30 pm

slomo007 wrote:You could pay for cooking classes for Christmas, right? Just make sure not to tell her that you are doing it because she's a bad cook.

What a great idea!

Luckily for me my wife can find her way around a kitchen, but I do wish she would try some different recipies once in a while.

Actually, I think taking some cooking classes together would be a great gift idea for a couple as long as you can work out sitter arrangements for the kids. One night a week for an hour or two would be cool.

Mookie - tell me you have a dishwasher. :-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:32 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Actually, I think taking some cooking classes together would be a great gift idea for a couple as long as you can work out sitter arrangements for the kids. One night a week for an hour or two would be cool.

There's the silver bullet. If you are taking them together you could just say it's because you want to spend some quality time with her doing something beneficial for your family. You could even go so far as to say that you are the one that is wanting to learn but don't want to attend a cooking class by yourself because that would obviously put your masculinity in doubt. ;-)

The only problem with that last plan is that she might actually expect you to cook after the classes! :-P
Last edited by slomo007 on Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BigMusky » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:33 pm

what did she make?

At least your wife isnt like mine. She is a germiphobe(i think) but could care less about other things being picked up. So imagine this, I make some toast and leave some crumbs on the counter. I get bitched out because that is gross and will attact bugs. She can leave dirty laundry on the floor for a month and that is different. Uh?! The funniest thing is her idea of doing dishes is soaking things over night. So we have pots with food and water in the sink for a whole day, but my crumbs are going to attract the bugs, riiiiight.

At least she can cook!
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby slomo007 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:35 pm

BigMusky wrote:The funniest thing is her idea of doing dishes is soaking things over night. So we have pots with food and water in the sink for a whole day, but my crumbs are going to attract the bugs, riiiiight.

LMAO, I know that feeling. My girlfriend is the same way, and my (male) roommate is as well. I always do my dishes as soon as I'm done eating (or at least rinse them and put them in the dishwasher), but he lets his pans soak for days to the point that the sink isn't even usable because it's so full! Annoying! :-[
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:41 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
slomo007 wrote:You could pay for cooking classes for Christmas, right? Just make sure not to tell her that you are doing it because she's a bad cook.

What a great idea!

Luckily for me my wife can find her way around a kitchen, but I do wish she would try some different recipies once in a while.

Actually, I think taking some cooking classes together would be a great gift idea for a couple as long as you can work out sitter arrangements for the kids. One night a week for an hour or two would be cool.

Mookie - tell me you have a dishwasher. :-o

That is a great idea. Too bad I've already gotten her a Christmas gift (and she knows what it is and is expecting it). I've got to find another way to get her to go.

btw - it was a spinach/chicken/feta cheese caserole. :-P

Yes, we have a dish washer but it's generally reserved for dishes and cutlery. Pots, pans etc get done by hand in our house or else the dishwasher would be going non-stop. I have considered getting a second dishwasher but that's crazy - right?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:53 pm

Mmmmmm I love chicken casserole. Never tried it with spinach and feta cheese though.... send her over to my place to cook if you don't like the food she makes :-D All I've had in the past couple months is perogies, chicken burgers, and pizza. Seriously, that's it.

BTW - you're second dishwasher is your wife. Maintenance can get expensive however :-°

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:01 pm

I'm a pretty good cook..I enjoy just going to the store and grabbing random stuff and trying to make it taste good. I am messy though...ahh well we all have flaws
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk