Giambi used steroids... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi used steroids...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:42 pm

eftda wrote:I'm sorry, i was distracted by your avatar !+)


Extremely understandable. :-b
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:43 pm

The whole "I didn't know it was a steroid" defense is a cop-out. I cannot believe that a baseball player like Barry Bonds, an athelete who is on a heightened level of alert when it comes to anything that goes into his body, would not be aware that he was taking steroids. His body is the key to his well being, and I cannot believe that he would put a cream on, day after day, month after month, and not inqure as to what the ingredients are in the said cream.

Maybe I just have an arcane set of morals on me, but I cannot begin to comprehend what it would take for me to look my godfather in the eyes while I was cheating to pass his records.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 850
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uranus

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:45 pm

eftda wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:
eftda wrote:because I say so


So you don't believe Bonds took steroids even though he's admitted to it?

What kind of proof threshold do you require?


I want non-stolen proof


Are you being serious here? Honestly? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Seems you honestly want to see Bonds shooting up or have him confess publically, which I don't see either happening soon.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:45 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:The whole "I didn't know it was a steroid" defense is a cop-out. I cannot believe that a baseball player like Barry Bonds, an athelete who is on a heightened level of alert when it comes to anything that goes into his body, would not be aware that he was taking steroids. His body is the key to his well being, and I cannot believe that he would put a cream on, day after day, month after month, and not inqure as to what the ingredients are in the said cream.

Maybe I just have an arcane set of morals on me, but I cannot begin to comprehend what it would take for me to look my godfather in the eyes while I was cheating to pass his records.


I agree. I also have a hard time believing that Bonds can hang out with this trainer for years and not know a thing while Giambi knew him for 2 weeks and was all roided up.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby eftda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:51 pm

Heres my take.

Bonds did take player enhancement drugs? Yes.

Were they roids? I do not know

Was it a cream? yes.

Did he know about the possible effects? he should have known.

Should they kick him out of baseball? No

Why not? Becuase he never failed a drug test.

What should be done? Players are given weekly drug test from now untill 2006. Starting then have every other week from every player on every team. If a player if cought using drugs, then suspend him for a year.

What type of proof do I want? I wan to Bonds to say it.

Will he say if he was drugs? Yes if he was (in 20+years) No if he wasn't

Will I believe him? yes.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:52 pm

OK, so despite all evidence to the contrary, if Bonds says he didn't do roids, you will believe him? This is nuts.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby eftda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:54 pm

Why does what I believe matter? remember this is IMO.

If people say you kill puppies, and you say you dont, then I would still belive you.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:57 pm

eftda wrote:Why does what I believe matter? remember this is IMO.

If people say you kill puppies, and you say you dont, then I would still belive you.


That's true but if I said that I didn't and grand jury testimony said that I did, then I did. ;-)
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:58 pm

eftda wrote:Why does what I believe matter? remember this is IMO.

If people say you kill puppies, and you say you dont, then I would still belive you.


OK, I hear you. But here's the thing. Your logic is completely faulty. Now, if you want to think illogical things to keep your image of Bonds, fine.

But hear me out.

You don't like that the evidence is "stolen." This is important. It means you believe that the evidence is real (thus, stolen), but refuse to believe it. It's not like you think the evidence is fake--a possible, although I'd say it's an unlikely, scenario.

So to you, the evidence is real, but you ignore it because you didn't see Bonds say it personally.

This creates many problems--but you may be ok with them. For example. OJ said he didn't do it, but all evidence I've seen is overwhelming. But he said he didn't do it. Do you believe him?

Edit: As Lo points out, statements under oath carry a lot more weight than a regular old statement. You seem to trust the latter more.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:57 pm

eftda wrote:Why does what I believe matter? remember this is IMO.

If people say you kill puppies, and you say you dont, then I would still belive you.


Well, I'd sure as hell want you to be on my jury if I committed murder. As long as I say I'm innocent, then I am in your opinion. 8-o
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact