Big Unit rumored to Boston? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Unit rumored to Boston?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:21 pm

TheAbreu wrote:God, it would make me sick to my stomach if Boston obtained Randy Johnson. I've been fuming and demanding an investigation over Arizona demanding Soriano and Nick Johnson from the Yankees for Schilling last year and then trading Schilling to Boston for a bunch of used condoms. Arizona has done enough damage to the Yankees. Winning the World Series in 01, helping Boston win the World Series in 04, and trying to rape the Yankees of anything imaginable for Randy Johnson. I know it's stupid to say Arizona owes the Yankees, but they really do. That Curt Schilling trade was a disgrace last year and everyone objectively knew that.

Yes, but how does that make you feel?

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:23 pm

What are you talking about? Casey Fossum and Brandon Lyon are awesome...... :-b ok I couldn't keep a straight face. They seriously got raped in that deal but if they think they're going to get enough to compensate for that horrible deal from the Yankees or anybody else, they're wrong. They're asking WAY too much. Maybe they learned not to put the lowest offer they'd accept on the table, and instead should use it as a last resort.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheAbreu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:25 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
TheAbreu wrote:God, it would make me sick to my stomach if Boston obtained Randy Johnson. I've been fuming and demanding an investigation over Arizona demanding Soriano and Nick Johnson from the Yankees for Schilling last year and then trading Schilling to Boston for a bunch of used condoms. Arizona has done enough damage to the Yankees. Winning the World Series in 01, helping Boston win the World Series in 04, and trying to rape the Yankees of anything imaginable for Randy Johnson. I know it's stupid to say Arizona owes the Yankees, but they really do. That Curt Schilling trade was a disgrace last year and everyone objectively knew that.

Pretty freaking angry, bro, and I'm sure it shows.

It's just that Boston got Curt Schilling gift-wrapped to them last Thanksgiven. That trade was a disgrace, yet was never scrutinized. It's bad enough now that the Diamondbacks are doing whatever possible not to trade Johnson to the Yankees, and Boston, like a bunch of leeches, allegedly was trying to steal again.
TheAbreu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheAbreu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:27 pm

LBJackal wrote:What are you talking about? Casey Fossum and Brandon Lyon are awesome...... :-b ok I couldn't keep a straight face. They seriously got raped in that deal but if they think they're going to get enough to compensate for that horrible deal from the Yankees or anybody else, they're wrong. They're asking WAY too much. Maybe they learned not to put the lowest offer they'd accept on the table, and instead should use it as a last resort.

It was bad enough that they took crap for Schilling, but the fact remained that Arizona could have gotten a better package from the Yankees or Phillies. Instead, Arizona demanded Nick Johnson and Soriano in exchange for taking Spivey's contract along with Schilling, which was totally irrational, and didn't get into an in depth discussion with Philadelphia. They just handed Schilling to Boston.
TheAbreu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nsulham » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:29 pm

TheAbreu wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

It's just that Boston got Curt Schilling gift-wrapped to them last Thanksgiven. That trade was a disgrace, yet was never scrutinized. It's bad enough now that the Diamondbacks are doing whatever possible not to trade Johnson to the Yankees, and Boston, like a bunch of leeches, allegedly was trying to steal again.

Oh boohoo :~(

Arizona is free to make a deal with whomever they want. They don't have to make a deal with the Yankees if they don't want to.

What are you so pissy about anyways? You have to know this is all a ploy anyways. More likely than not RJ will be a Yankee next season. Geez, stop complaining already.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheAbreu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:31 pm

nsulham wrote:
TheAbreu wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

Arizona is free to make a deal with whomever they want. They don't have to make a deal with the Yankees if they don't want to.

What are you so pissy about anyways? You have to know this is all a ploy anyways. More likely than not RJ will be a Yankee next season. Geez, stop complaining already.

I just think it was a disgrace to baseball that Arizona handed Schilling to Boston, when they could have done better with Phillie or New York. As soon as that Lyon and Fossum and scraps for Schilling trade went down, my head was steaming mad and it still hasn't stopped.
TheAbreu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 pm

nsulham wrote:
TheAbreu wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

.....says the guy with a pseudo-emotional Schilling comment in his sig :-D

But honestly, why would the D'Backs do something to hurt themselves on purpose? Because they don't want the Yankees to win? I doubt that. Seems conspiracy-theorish. They got hosed and they're learning from it hopefully.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheAbreu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:38 pm

LBJackal wrote:
nsulham wrote:
TheAbreu wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

.....says the guy with a pseudo-emotional Schilling comment in his sig :-D

But honestly, why would the D'Backs do something to hurt themselves on purpose? Because they don't want the Yankees to win? I doubt that. Seems conspiracy-theorish. They got hosed and they're learning from it hopefully.

Colangelo was the owner of the Diamondbacks up until August of 2004. He was bitter over Wells signing with the Yanks in 01 after he had a handshake agreement. He used the Schilling situation to get revenge on that. He could have done better, but he just wanted enough to trade to Milwaukee for Sexson and unload Schilling's contract. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's pretty much the truth.
TheAbreu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:44 pm

It's the truth that he severely hurt his team to spite the Yankees? If you say so.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheAbreu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:50 pm

LBJackal wrote:It's the truth that he severely hurt his team to spite the Yankees? If you say so.

I'm just saying, look at the facts. The fact was that both the Yankees and Phillies were seriously interested in Schilling, and Schilling had announced that he would only waive his no-trade to those two particular teams. Instead of working hard for a deal with them, he makes a ridiculous offer of Nick Johnson and Alfonso Soriano for Curt Schilling and Junior Spivey, and then no less than a few days later he takes Casey Fassom, who was mostly discredited in the baseball world after a dreadful 03 season, Brandon Lyon, and a bunch of other used condoms. I'm sorry if I sound spiteful, but I've been ringing this bell since it happened. It's not like I just started saying it.
TheAbreu
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers