Sean Burroughs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sean Burroughs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sean Burroughs

Postby sudsuckers » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:59 pm

Anyone hear how Burroughs has responded to his "suposedly" succesful medial meniscus surgery?
Have not seen anything on any websites.

Cheers,

Paul
sudsuckers
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

ANSWER TO OWN QUESTION

Postby sudsuckers » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:02 pm

Read that he has full range of motion today and he also qualifies for arbitration. Look for Burroughs to be traded before 2005 season.
sudsuckers
T-Ball Trainer

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:43 pm

it would be great to see him out of Petco
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Re: ANSWER TO OWN QUESTION

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:52 pm

sudsuckers wrote:Read that he has full range of motion today and he also qualifies for arbitration. Look for Burroughs to be traded before 2005 season.

not going to happen
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Re: ANSWER TO OWN QUESTION

Postby perlick29 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:49 pm

wrveres wrote:
sudsuckers wrote:Read that he has full range of motion today and he also qualifies for arbitration. Look for Burroughs to be traded before 2005 season.

not going to happen

why do you say that. Rotoworld says the likelyhood of him being traded increased now that he became a super two.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:40 am

Just because rotoworld says it, does not make it true. Its pure speculation on their behalf. Kevin Towers loves "Chop-Chop" (if you have ever seen him run you will understand). KT refused to include Sean in the Brian Giles deal, and every GM that has asked about Sean has been told "No!" Now all the sudden he is trade bait, cus he might cost 1 Mill more. It doesn't make any sense. Plus there is no logical replacement for him within the organization, so they would have to acquire one via free agency anyway.
What will probably happen, because Towers has done this many times before, is that Sean will be offered a 3-4 yr reduced contract buying out his arbitration years. It will just happen a year before the organization planed on doing so. Trading him makes zero sense.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:09 am

wrveres wrote:Just because rotoworld says it, does not make it true. Its pure speculation on their behalf. Kevin Towers loves "Chop-Chop" (if you have ever seen him run you will understand). KT refused to include Sean in the Brian Giles deal, and every GM that has asked about Sean has been told "No!" Now all the sudden he is trade bait, cus he might cost 1 Mill more. It doesn't make any sense. Plus there is no logical replacement for him within the organization, so they would have to acquire one via free agency anyway.
What will probably happen, because Towers has done this many times before, is that Sean will be offered a 3-4 yr reduced contract buying out his arbitration years. It will just happen a year before the organization planed on doing so. Trading him makes zero sense.

I agree with you completely that trading him makes zero sense, and I know living in SD makes you more qualified than me. I was just looking for a follow up explanation, rather than what you said before which was that it was simply not going to happen without giving an explanation. I've heard though that if Burroughs goes, they may have a logical replacement for him in Matthew Bush who they might move from short, although that wouldn't be right away.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:14 am

The Nady factor

Agreed, I could have explained better the first time, sorry ..

a little follow up on this ...

November 11, 2004 wrote: Towers said he's in no rush to enlist Xavier Nady as a third baseman, which would require trading Sean Burroughs.
"Absolutely not," Towers said. "Sean's name's been out there (in trade speculation) since he's been a Padre. He's a very good young player. The rest of the industry recognizes it, and we're often asked what it would take for us to move him. For somebody like Sean Burroughs, it would have to be a pretty good deal."

Nady showed decent skills as a third baseman at Cal, and again during the Instructional League last month.

"He's got a chance there," said Tye Waller, the Padres' director of player development. Nady's throwing accuracy from third is in question.

Towers said Nady, who will turn 26 on Sunday, could see spot duty at third.

"Nady is a pretty good fit as a fourth outfielder," Towers said. "We should be able to get him at-bats as an extra outfielder and as an extra corner infielder."
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CameronCrazy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 pm

choque
durham=we ghetto