Torii Hunter vs. Griffey Jr. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Torii Hunter vs. Griffey Jr.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Looks like I'm in the minority here. Let me expand.......Hunter will not be a difference maker and will not make or break your team. Even if healthy, that is the case. Griffey can. He will probably get hurt and disappoint once again but he can make a difference. The fact remains that owners of both will probably be looking for help on the WW but I would rather take the chance on Griffey. There is always an OF on the WW that can replace the stats of a healthy Hunter or a hurt Griffey.

but u think hunter will be taken before junior? IMO, if u wanna take a chance on junior, u prolly gonna have to pick him earlier than hunter. i dunno if that's the case for baseballer's league. i agree that junior has a chance to be a difference maker, but by letting someone else pick junior before u, u can pick up some other player and pick up hunter in 1 or 2 rounds after that.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Looks like I'm in the minority here. Let me expand.......Hunter will not be a difference maker and will not make or break your team. Even if healthy, that is the case. Griffey can. He will probably get hurt and disappoint once again but he can make a difference. The fact remains that owners of both will probably be looking for help on the WW but I would rather take the chance on Griffey. There is always an OF on the WW that can replace the stats of a healthy Hunter or a hurt Griffey.

but u think hunter will be taken before junior? IMO, if u wanna take a chance on junior, u prolly gonna have to pick him earlier than hunter. i dunno if that's the case for baseballer's league. i agree that junior has a chance to be a difference maker, but by letting someone else pick junior before u, u can pick up some other player and pick up hunter in 1 or 2 rounds after that.

Griffey will probably go before Hunter but we weren't asked about their relative values. I was speaking merely based on production.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:12 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

Griffey will probably go before Hunter but we weren't asked about their relative values. I was speaking merely based on production.

alright. let's say it's a keeper and u have to choose between hunter and griffey. i'd choose griffey ;-D for the same reason u mentioned before. hunter won't give u great numbers and i think u can prolly pick up someone else who will post similar numbers to him in the WW, but if griffey is healthy, which i don't actually count on, he can post nice numbers. plus, if u can get a month or so out of a healthy griffey he becomes a good trade bait.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:17 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:alright. let's say it's a keeper and u have to choose between hunter and griffey. i'd choose griffey ;-D for the same reason u mentioned before. hunter won't give u great numbers and i think u can prolly pick up someone else who will post similar numbers to him in the WW, but if griffey is healthy, which i don't actually count on, he can post nice numbers. plus, if u can get a month or so out of a healthy griffey he becomes a good trade bait.

I must be missing the point, but I would think that at the point in the draft when Griffey will be taken (a lot earlier than he should be just because of name recognition to the casual owner), there would be much better options than either Griffey or Hunter. I realize that's not the argument here, but just thought I'd throw that in.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:06 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:alright. let's say it's a keeper and u have to choose between hunter and griffey. i'd choose griffey ;-D for the same reason u mentioned before. hunter won't give u great numbers and i think u can prolly pick up someone else who will post similar numbers to him in the WW, but if griffey is healthy, which i don't actually count on, he can post nice numbers. plus, if u can get a month or so out of a healthy griffey he becomes a good trade bait.

I must be missing the point, but I would think that at the point in the draft when Griffey will be taken (a lot earlier than he should be just because of name recognition to the casual owner), there would be much better options than either Griffey or Hunter. I realize that's not the argument here, but just thought I'd throw that in.

that's kind of what i was saying in a couple posts back. it depends on the situation.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers