Mock Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mock Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:19 pm

chris8 wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:i would be up for another Mock Draft in the Cafe

Me too - haven't been in a Mock Draft yet, and would love to give it a go!

i would be interested as well. I keep missing out on the other ones by a few minutes or so. Let me know.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dmarshack » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:56 pm

i would partake in a mock draft or two to knock some dust off my thinker! weekdays-after 6pm eastern weekends-before 1pm eastern (yes i am normally up early on weekends...and i don't have an excuse)

good luck to each of you in your countless leagues!
FAILURE: When your best, just is not good enough!
dmarshack
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

I'd like to play

Postby benrules9 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:01 pm

please e-mail me if i'm in.

I can draft early evenings or Saturdays
go Yankees
benrules9 Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Garry26 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:10 am

Im still in for a mock draft. I probably missed one on the 25th :(
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:07 pm

Does anyone want to do an online auction today?

I want to try out the fantasy auction wesbite. You can do mock drafts for free online for free until the end of Feb. It looks rather structured.

PM me if you are interested and donate some time today. I would like to get 10 teams with a $260 CAP.

http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy? ... mand=20000
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:29 pm

Need 4 more for a live auction mock today at noon EST. Going to use fantasy auctioneer online

http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com

Name is MOck Auction I
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:38 pm

SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby philcore » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:32 pm

this is just a mock draft correct? If so, I'm in.
philcore
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby xeifrank » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:43 am

ps - as a side note I am currently working on a program that will do an online auction draft. One computer has to be setup to be the server and it is the brains, clients/owners connect to the server and when the league fills up the auction automatically begins. As I only have one computer it's difficult to test connections across the internet correctly, I may need some volunteers to download the program and see if you can connect to the server (my computer). I am trying to make it so you can have multiple auctions going on at the same time. This may become more of a science project, we shall see. PM me if you feel like volunteering to test.

If you'd like to help, I need you to download, install and run the software that acts as the client and attempts to connect to my computer (server) to do an online draft.

All you need to test is the connection. You will need to use the drop down menu and enter a team name, then after you do this from the drop down menu select "Connect", and tell me what kind of message you get. You will either get a "Server Down" message which means you weren't able to connect, or you will get a message in the text box telling you that you joined league #x. There's really nothing you could do beyond this unless you ran the program three times and filled up a league, or got 2 other people to connect (I have league sizes set to three teams for testing purposes). One other thing, if I have my computer turned off (which I will do while I am asleep) then of course you can't get a connection. You can only connect when I am running the server program, so hopefully you can try a couple of different times. I will try to leave my computer on while I am at work during the day tomorrow. I tried connecting from my computer at work to my computer at home, but my computer at work is behind a firewall, so I don't know if others can have better luck who aren't behind a firewall. If nobody can connect, I need to figure out what's going on.

Download Client Side Software

I am also looking to take suggestions. I plan to allow up to 20 auctions at a time, and have various league configurations you can sign up for, auction/snake, traditional 14/9 leagues, or yahoo default leagues, and perhaps some leagues with different amount of owners. I am able to run an auction draft by connecting from my own computer to my own computer and filling up a league with three teams. There are still a few bugs and many things I want to add, but I need someone to test out the connection first and foremost. Running an online draft is dependent on the server computer being up and running which is not always the case, so after all the kinks are worked out if anybody would like to host the server software on their computer I can add your IP address to the list of available servers to connect to.

Thanks to all that volunteer to help.

vr

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:24 pm

If anyone wants to get in an auction mock then dazzleman is hosting one in his own draft room here at the cafe if you wanna join, he still needs like 5 or 6 people
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers