does miguel cabrera move into pujols territory next year??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

does miguel cabrera move into pujols territory next year???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

does miguel cabrera move into pujols territory next year???

Postby killercars » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:59 pm

i'm looking for some insight as to what miguel cabrera could do next season and for years to come...

what are some of your predictions for him this year???

i see 114/38/120/4/.316 in 2005

anybody thinks he has another level to go to???

thanks

mike
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:02 pm

Once his control of the strike zone improves, then I'd say he can move to the next level. If not, this level is pretty damn good, too. :-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby kentx12 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:05 pm

Pedantic wrote:Once his control of the strike zone improves, then I'd say he can move to the next level. If not, this level is pretty damn good, too. :-)

Agreed. I dont ever see his Avg. getting to Pujols level but he will continue to get better I believe
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:10 pm

I'm not going to put him in Pujols' level yet. I wouldn't bank on his AVG being that high, but the rest seem pretty reasonable to me. He's definitely one of the best young hitters in the game and like Ped said if he can cut down on the K's he is going to be at least at the level right below Pujols. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:28 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:I'm not going to put him in Pujols' level yet. I wouldn't bank on his AVG being that high, but the rest seem pretty reasonable to me. He's definitely one of the best young hitters in the game and like Ped said if he can cut down on the K's he is going to be at least at the level right below Pujols. ;-D

yea i think m cabrera can be top 5 or so but i dont see him in the pujols range til he works on them k's,,,but with his age i could definitely see him doing that in the next 3-5 years easily.....and becoming the 1B to pujols
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tony Clark is my son » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:30 pm

Albert Pujols is not human, and expecting Miguel Cabrera to join him in A-Rod/Barry Bonds land may be a little premature. The HR and RBI numbers may be up there next year, but it'll be a few years before everything else catches up. :-]
Tony Clark is my son
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:57 pm

Tony Clark is my son wrote:Albert Pujols is not human, and expecting Miguel Cabrera to join him in A-Rod/Barry Bonds land may be a little premature. The HR and RBI numbers may be up there next year, but it'll be a few years before everything else catches up. :-]

That makes sense. I had him a little higher than most last year and he didn't disappoint. I can see the HR going up a bunch but the average and RBI might be a little behind.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:04 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Tony Clark is my son wrote:Albert Pujols is not human, and expecting Miguel Cabrera to join him in A-Rod/Barry Bonds land may be a little premature. The HR and RBI numbers may be up there next year, but it'll be a few years before everything else catches up. :-]

That makes sense. I had him a little higher than most last year and he didn't disappoint. I can see the HR going up a bunch but the average and RBI might be a little behind.

Its too bad he is in such a bad hitters park. I don't see him putting up too much more than his numbers fantasy-wise from last season. Maybe a few more HR and and slight rise in BA.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:08 pm

Tavish wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Its too bad he is in such a bad hitters park. I don't see him putting up too much more than his numbers fantasy-wise from last season. Maybe a few more HR and and slight rise in BA.

I will admit that the park doesn't help him but we need to remember that he is only 21 years old. Eventually, the sky's the limit for this kid.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:25 pm

i actually picked up miggy on the ww in two of leagues last years from guys who drafted him early and didn't have patience with him. one of the guys was a girl, but anyways. :-b

dunno about pujols' level, cuz pujols is sick. but miggy ain't bad himself. ;-) hopefully the Ks will go down and his avg will keep rising. he had a great 1 season and half in the majors and i don't see a reason for him not to keep getting better. ah, i'm just trying to look smart repeating all you guys have already said. :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Return to Baseball Leftovers