cameron

Rotation
Pedro/pavano or someone else
glavine
benson
zambrano
trachsel

Not a bad team
if half their team doesnt get injured again they have a pretty good chance of comepting

i know signing all those three players will be really hard
so im not expecting all of that to happen
but hey
mets fans have to dream

Not to be grammar police or something, but it's really hard to understand what you're saying without any punctuation or even capital letters and such. Just a tip.

Oh, and the Mets might throw away that kind of money. It wouldn't surprise me at all.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Viper8437 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:34 pm

i hit enter where there should be a period
:-D
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:45 pm

DK wrote:Aah, I wrote this long thing about how Pedro's not washed up and how good he will be if he signs with the Mets next year, but my Explorer shut down as I was finishing it. Image

It's just another conspiracy, I guess... ;-7

Take my word for it. Pedro will be good next year. I don't want to go through it all again. :D

You're assuming of course that the Mets will actually sign Pedro which I dont think they will.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:You're right that rotation isn't that great. But I think it could be good enough to make a playoff run especially playing half thier games in Shea.

Playing half their game sin Shea makes their team ERA better (it was actually neutral last year), but it doesn't help the team any more since opposing pitchers pitch in Shea too. You're the last person that I thought would post something like that!

Also, adding Pedro would improve the team obviously, but Zam, Trachsel, Benson - these are guys that will probably have an ERA around 4. That's not bad, but not one of the deepest in the majors. Even the current ace, Glavine, is doubtful to keep his ERA below 4. Unless you guys get Pedro you could be in trouble for SP's, especially if Zam needs TJ surgery.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:44 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Amazinz wrote:You're right that rotation isn't that great. But I think it could be good enough to make a playoff run especially playing half thier games in Shea.

Playing half their game sin Shea makes their team ERA better (it was actually neutral last year), but it doesn't help the team any more since opposing pitchers pitch in Shea too. You're the last person that I thought would post something like that!

Jackal, you're over-analyzing this. In order to be consistently succesful at Shea the Mets need to be built around pitching. Pitching has to come first above all things.

How can you say it doesn't help the Mets to play half their games in Shea? You're telling me that home field advantage doesn't exist and that the Mets can't build a team suited to take advantage of their surroundings?

LBJackal wrote:Also, adding Pedro would improve the team obviously, but Zam, Trachsel, Benson - these are guys that will probably have an ERA around 4. That's not bad, but not one of the deepest in the majors. Even the current ace, Glavine, is doubtful to keep his ERA below 4. Unless you guys get Pedro you could be in trouble for SP's, especially if Zam needs TJ surgery.

Zambrano doesn't need TJ surgery. He'll be soft-tossing in December and will be ready for the start of spring training.

Not one of the deepest in the majors? A rotation with 3 #3s? Cubs, Yankees, Oakland... who else would be deeper? I think the Mets will get a lot of mismatches when the #4s and #5s pitch.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 pm

Amazinz wrote:
LBJackal wrote:

Jackal, you're over-analyzing this. In order to be consistently succesful at Shea the Mets need to be built around pitching. Pitching has to come first above all things.

How can you say it doesn't help the Mets to play half their games in Shea? You're telling me that home field advantage doesn't exist and that the Mets can't build a team suited to take advantage of their surroundings?

LBJackal wrote:Also, adding Pedro would improve the team obviously, but Zam, Trachsel, Benson - these are guys that will probably have an ERA around 4. That's not bad, but not one of the deepest in the majors. Even the current ace, Glavine, is doubtful to keep his ERA below 4. Unless you guys get Pedro you could be in trouble for SP's, especially if Zam needs TJ surgery.

Zambrano doesn't need TJ surgery. He'll be soft-tossing in December and will be ready for the start of spring training.

Not one of the deepest in the majors? A rotation with 3 #3s? Cubs, Yankees, Oakland... who else would be deeper? I think the Mets will get a lot of mismatches when the #4s and #5s pitch.

3 #3's but no #1's. And everybody plays half their games at home, how is that an advantage to the Mets? I don't think their SP's are suited to the stadium. Mayble slightly in that they're flyball pitchers in a park that doesn't allow alot of HR's but I think the effect of chooing players to suit their park is minimal.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:58 pm

Well this post was about the Mets acquiring Martinez. If the Mets did sign him obviously he'd be the #1, Glavine as the #2 and three pretty good #3s in Zam, Trax and Benson.

Just like you wouldn't build a team around pitching in Colorado you wouldn't build a Shea team around power. The Mets need to be built around power pitching.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:03 pm

blankman wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:I had a nightmare last night too....I woke up a mets fan 8-o

HAHAHAHAHAHA :-b
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers