hooray - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

hooray

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

hooray

Postby Viper8437 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:36 pm

supposedly the mets made an offer to pedro that was better than bostons and randolph claims he would love to pedro on the mets

plus the mets made an offer to sexson at 10M/yr for an unknown number of years

http://www.nypost.com/sports/mets/20864.htm
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:38 pm

Hello my name is a random name of the New York/Boston media and what I say must be correct. Especially from the NY Post Viper, don't mean to come down on you but if you are a New Yorker like me, you'd know to take it with a grain until it actually happens.

No offense meant.
Last edited by perlick29 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:39 pm

I would be careful about believing the Post but if this interest is serious, I would expect George to make a run (if he wasn't going to anyway). He hates being 1-upped, especially by the Sox and Mets. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby kentx12 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:45 pm

I dont hate the Mets but I hope they dont sign any good players. I would hate that division to get any stronger then my Braves might not have a fighting chance :-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:46 pm

I don't know if Omar is serious or if he's just covering all the bases. They definitely had dinner together because it's coming from too many sources to be a fake. Not sure that dinner means anything substantial.

If the Mets are interested they do have one advantage over the Sox and Yankees. Shea stadium and an offensively-challenged division. :-D

Interesting blog about Pedro from a Mets fan (the guy who blogs in Newark Star Ledger) perspective: http://doc-baseball.blogspot.com/2004/1 ... pedro.html
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:48 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't know if Omar is serious or if he's just covering all the bases. They definitely had dinner together because it's coming from too many sources to be a fake. Not sure that dinner means anything substantial.

If the Mets are interested they do have one advantage over the Sox and Yankees. Shea stadium and an offensively-challenged division. :-D

Interesting blog about Pedro from a Mets fan (the guy who blogs in Newark Star Ledger) perspective: http://doc-baseball.blogspot.com/2004/1 ... pedro.html

I'm not sure how much those 2 things will play into it for him. I would also think that with all of the people that he has pissed off, he will want to hit as little as possible. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Viper8437 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:07 pm

perlick29 wrote:Hello my name is a random name of the New York/Boston media and what I say must be correct. Especially from the NY Post Viper, don't mean to come down on you but if you are a New Yorker like me, you'd know to take it with a grain until it actually happens.

No offense meant.

it wasnt just the new york post
it also said so on cbssportsline and it even has quotes from Randolph so it wasnt like i was jumping at the first thing i saw
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:09 pm

Viper8437 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Hello my name is a random name of the New York/Boston media and what I say must be correct. Especially from the NY Post Viper, don't mean to come down on you but if you are a New Yorker like me, you'd know to take it with a grain until it actually happens.

No offense meant.

it also said so on cbssportsline and it even has quotes from Randolph so it wasnt like i was jumping at the first thing i saw

I understand that but you need to remember that 1 source usually reports it and then it spreads through the others like wildfire. It's not like each of them has a reliable source.
Lofunzo

Postby perlick29 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:36 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Viper8437 wrote:

No offense meant.

I understand that but you need to remember that 1 source usually reports it and then it spreads through the others like wildfire. It's not like each of them has a reliable source.

That's what I was thinking as well. I just dont trust a story like this or think it means a lot until papers are actually signed and a press conference has taken place.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:24 am

Well I'm a pretty sure the Mets interest is legit now. The NY Times picked up the story and actual numbers were thrown out.

The Times reports that the Mets countered late Sunday with a three-year guaranteed contract worth approximately $38 million with a vesting option for a fourth year.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers