Help, please, from a cub fan. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

Help, please, from a cub fan.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help, please, from a cub fan.

Postby holeinone9 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:15 pm

My son-in-law is a serious cub fan. I have been offered to buy for him for Christmas a Cubs 'First Night Game at Wrigley Field" commerative beer mug in the shape of a light bulb. Was there a mug like this available on the night on 8/8/88? I have seen it and it is a beer mug, with a handle, in the shape of a light bulb. But I don't know if it is legit. Can anyone help me out. And if there is such an item what would be your best guess at what it is worth.

Thanks
holeinone9 Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help, please, from a cub fan.

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:46 pm

holeinone9 wrote:My son-in-law is a serious cub fan. I have been offered to buy for him for Christmas a Cubs 'First Night Game at Wrigley Field" commerative beer mug in the shape of a light bulb. Was there a mug like this available on the night on 8/8/88? I have seen it and it is a beer mug, with a handle, in the shape of a light bulb. But I don't know if it is legit. Can anyone help me out. And if there is such an item what would be your best guess at what it is worth.

Thanks

I just did a Yahoo search for this item and came up empty. I might be wrong but I would assume that if it was legit, there would have been at least 1 hit.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:41 pm

I can't find anything on the mug. I did find a few articles about the first night game on 8/8/88. Rain and all, but no mention of a collectable that was given away. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Arlo » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:44 am

Sorry, can't help either; this is such a unique item that I doubt any of us will know off-hand. I'd probably contact sports memorabilia dealers in the Chicago area as well as the Cubs themselves.

If it is legit , it certainly sounds like a terrific gift.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia