Pitcher eligibility - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pitcher eligibility

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pitcher eligibility

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:07 am

How do you determine whether a pitcher qualifies as a SP, RP, or both? I'm trying to do pitcher projections and -- I may be wrong -- but wouldn't figuring "total" cats like K, H, BB, etc be skewed if you calculate with RP and SP together? :-? Is it determined by IP? BTW it's for Yahoo leagues if that makes a difference.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:20 am

If you use Yahoo's eligibilty requirements it is:

"Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever."

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:05 am

So for SP just using players with more than ~3 starts should be OK for SP data? :-? My spreadsheet doesn't have relief appearances. :-/ So would taking players with more than ~40 appearances be good enough for RP data? :-? Or am I making all of this way too complicated? :-°
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:47 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:So for SP just using players with more than ~3 starts should be OK for SP data? :-? My spreadsheet doesn't have relief appearances. :-/ So would taking players with more than ~40 appearances be good enough for RP data? :-? Or am I making all of this way too complicated? :-°

Games pitched minus games started will give you the number of relief appearances. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:53 am

Amazinz wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:So for SP just using players with more than ~3 starts should be OK for SP data? :-? My spreadsheet doesn't have relief appearances. :-/ So would taking players with more than ~40 appearances be good enough for RP data? :-? Or am I making all of this way too complicated? :-°

Games pitched minus games started will give you the number of relief appearances. ;-)

I think I need to quit school, it's frying my brain. :-° :*)
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers