M's make overtures to Delgado and Sexson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

M's make overtures to Delgado and Sexson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

M's make overtures to Delgado and Sexson

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:19 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=knight-msseekdelgadosexson&prov=knight&type=lgns

Wow...

That's a whole lotta money, I wonder where it's coming from.

If the defense stays straight and pitching hopefully improves, I wonder where the mariners might be next season...

Especially moving Winn....maybe we can move him for some pitching...
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:22 pm

I've read that they've made a contract offer to Troy Glaus as well, but I don't have a link to the article.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby tlef316 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:26 pm

glad to see the M's making some moves. Their fans deserve better than last year. I'd be very weary of Sexson patrolling the Outfield. Thats just another shoulder injury waiting to happen

I kept him over oswalt and mulder last year, so needless to say, im quite skeptical.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby legoshoe » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:25 am

Yes, Sexson will be one to keep a very close eye on next year no matter where he plays. The Mariners are probably more than happy to take the risk after last year's fallout.
legoshoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:28 am

I don't see Sexson going to the M's to play OF. If they wanted him for 1B maybe but someone will sign him to play 1B.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kentx12 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:44 am

I would love to see them sigh Delgado and any other free agent to help them. There offense was terriable last year.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:52 am

Delgado will excell somewhere where he is a role player and a contributor and not the focus of the offence.

He would drive in a lot of RBI with Ichiro standing on second for every second AB but too much would be expected of him there.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:15 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:I've read that they've made a contract offer to Troy Glaus as well, but I don't have a link to the article.

Yeah I heard Buster Onley talking about that on ESPN radio this morning. He said it was pretty much a given that they would sign two of the Glaus/Delgado/Sexson group. I'm not sure if I see them signing two of them, but they will land one IMO, and I'd put my money on Sexson since he's from there and has expressed interest in going to the M's.

Mookie4ever wrote:Delgado will excell somewhere where he is a role player and a contributor and not the focus of the offence.

He would drive in a lot of RBI with Ichiro standing on second for every second AB but too much would be expected of him there.

I agree. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BumpWills » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:02 pm

I heard that they would rotate the DH slot between Delgado, Sexson and Ibanez. In such a scenerio Sexson would play 1/3 of his games in the outfield.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
BumpWills
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:04 am

they've got a DH spot empty in seattle now, so why not plug in sexon there? i'm sure ibanez is better in the OF than sexon, anyways...

if seattle were to land those two, their offense would be stacked. i mean, talk about scary. boone's value would shoot up just based on the fact that he'd either be hitting direcly in front of or directly behind or in the middle of two REALLY good hitters. and then you've got ichiro. talk about run city... yeesh.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers