League Sites - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

League Sites

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Sites

Postby prodpaul » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:33 am

Ok our league is looking to upgrade to a pay site this year. We have done the free yahoo thing for a few years but want to have our own custom stats and playoff structure. We do culumative points but then hold a playoff for 8 weeks. Will Yahoo plus let us do this or will CBS? Any other suggestions?

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:59 am

Welcome back Prodpaul - hope that you stick around for the offseason.

Sportsline lets you use custom stats and schedules. I'm not sure about Yahoo plus (never paid for Yahoo myself).

There seem to be more and more pay sites offering different features every year but I prefer not to be a guinea pig for these sites when I have to pay for it. There are a lot that offer custome scoring but custom scheduling is harder to find. I would stick with Sportsline - if you get the early bird special (if they offer it again this year) you can save $20-$30 and get it for about $100. It's expensive but if it's an important league it may be worth the $$.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Baseballer02 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:55 pm

Wow, I haven't seen prodpaul post in ages.

Anywho, CBS seems to be the best option as far as a pay site goes.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:06 pm

CBS by far. And it is not really that expensive when split among 10 or 12 owners (10-14 dollars a person). Most of the other pay sites charge about the same or even more and are not as good IMO.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nuclear29 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:52 pm

Sportsline is great. We've been using it for about 5 years now. No complaints and every year there is something new. Live Scoring is awesome! ;-)
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Another for CBS

Postby Fire-Rescue-Diver » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:07 pm

I have two leagues on CBS sportsline and I love it. ;-D I participate in a league on TQStats as well and I am not impressed. Way to many scoring goofs and other problems this year.
Fire-Rescue-Diver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:32 am

My my my my.............., how far they have come.

Way back in 2001, Sportsline did pretty much all of their leagues for free. It was a calculated endeavor to gain more users with agressive advertiseing and marketing for free leagues. After the initial "free"* year, they went to a pay format for virtualy every league offered.

The pay format did not go over well or smoothly at first. Their service was down alot(you couldnt access your league), glitched on scores and standings, no reply from customer service, etc............... Basicaly the pay leagues in 2002 didnt run as smooth as the free product they offered the year before in 2001.

I saw them flamed alot on here, and still do every now and then, before last season started(2004).

Despite all those gripes, they still seemed to offer the most comprehensive options for anyone wanting to really customize and make their own settings for a league wether it be the scoreing categories in Roto or the point system in H-H formats.

Paying for the service and the glitches in the system was almost compensated by the diversity and settings for league options during 2002-2003.

Last year they seemed to have stepped it up a little. I only had trouble logging on to my leagues a couple of times throughout the season, and even with a very custom scoreing system, they didnt glitch the standings or scoreing even once.

I'm not trying to hype them up at all. I strongly suggest you research all available options and league providers before starting a keeper league or any league. As the keeper league I got into that was started for Free*, bitt us in the ass. Also research your options even more because as I understand it, the computer people that design all the software Sportsline runs their leagues off of are now selling it to many other Fantasy League providers.

You might be able to get the exact same product and quality Sportsline offers a good bit cheaper. I will probably lobby the commisioner/finance handler of my league to look into it before the 2005 season.

*Free Keeper Leagues in 2001........
Lol, what a sham that was. To continue our league into 2002 we had to pay.

However they do offer great keeper services, such as the yearly League News Posts, Standings, Rosters, Statistics, and many other options from however long your league has been running.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby prodpaul » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:05 am

Thanks guys ;-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:31 am

prodpaul wrote:Thanks guys ;-D

Bring back the Friday Funnies! :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby prodpaul » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:28 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
prodpaul wrote:Thanks guys ;-D

Bring back the Friday Funnies! :-D

Ok if you insist :-D Coming this friday!

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers