a little something i wrote over at the football cafe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

a little something i wrote over at the football cafe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:53 am

portisfan24 wrote: Most of us footballers could care less what you think of our cafe. However, you guys feel the need to justify yourselves all the time. Just give it a rest.

You're talkin to the wrong fella, I didn't post anything negative about the football side.

However, looks like another guy from the football side feeling the need to visit the baseball cafe in order to overreact to a non-serious post, yet again. :-?
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:09 am

Baseballer02 wrote:
portisfan24 wrote: Most of us footballers could care less what you think of our cafe. However, you guys feel the need to justify yourselves all the time. Just give it a rest.

You're talkin to the wrong fella, I didn't post anything negative about the football side.

However, looks like another guy from the football side feeling the need to visit the baseball cafe in order to overreact to a non-serious post, yet again. :-?

Its just pretty annoying when someone hijacks a thread bashing the cafe. Not like it was a thread saying the football side was better. And I knew it wasnt you being negative I was just amazed that this guy was one of your respected members. That being said, once baseball starts up Ill probabaly come over here a few times. At night though, so nobody knows. :-b
portisfan24
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GSes » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:12 am

Baseballer02 wrote:

over reaction is the key word. apparently people can't tale a little rivalry post and joke, by you guys fighting back and coming over here to insult the baseball cafe, myself, baseballer, etc......

give it a rest????????you want us to give it a rest? yet ARENT YOU POSTING HERE AT OUR SITE??? your the one who is dragging it on and on.

just stop let it be

and go bak to ur cafe and cry about how your gonna miss the fantasy playoffs because you drafted Clinton Portis with the #3 pick or b/c Fred taylor is allerigic to the endzone or b/c you meant to draft stokley/marvin/wayne but u didnt.

righttt
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wannabthechamp » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:35 am

It's the same way at both sides. I posted here all season long and there's a lot of people venting about draft picks that went wrong, players in slumps, pitchers getting bombed, etc. That's just the way it is. I don't really think it's necessary to go over to the football side and post a message saying how much better you think the baseball side is. In my opinion, they are both excellent forums and I'm thankful for both of them.
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:51 am

A cross-forum flame. This has to be a first. 8-o :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:00 am

is kofi annan busy these days? :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:58 am

Guys, let's play nice, ok? :-)

Both Cafe's are great, and very informative resources for our fantasy playing. I'm sure we can all agree on that, right? ;-D

Now if everyone wants to discuss the differences in fantasy baseball vs. fantasy football, feel free (even though there are a few threads already on this. Use the "search" feature to find them ;-) ), but let's cool the flames and not make any of this personal. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:04 am

Madison wrote:Guys, let's play nice, ok? :-)

Both Cafe's are great, and very informative resources for our fantasy playing. I'm sure we can all agree on that, right? ;-D

Now if everyone wants to discuss the differences in fantasy baseball vs. fantasy football, feel free (even though there are a few threads already on this. Use the "search" feature to find them ;-) ), but let's cool the flames and not make any of this personal. ;-)

oh, there he is :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby wrveres » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:23 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:It's all good Swiper. It was just irritating to see a new member start calling out respected posters in his first few posts.

OK I have nothing against the baseball side, but if this guy is one of your respected members you're in pretty big trouble. Im aware of the rivallry and evertying, but you guys feel the need to bring it up quite a bit. Most of us footballers could care less what you think of our cafe. However, you guys feel the need to justify yourselves all the time. Just give it a rest.

its the offseson, maybe they were bored ... :-o

anybody wanna play Monopoly, or how about Clue .. ?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby wrveres » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:24 am

Amazinz wrote:A cross-forum flame. This has to be a first. 8-o :-b

I was thinking the same thing ... :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero