a little something i wrote over at the football cafe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

a little something i wrote over at the football cafe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:19 am

I have lurked around, and haven't taken the time to post. Call it 'window shopping'...Personally prefer football to baseball. Nothing personal.

Um, baseballer. I didn't ask for your opinion. I was responding to one of your precious members here.

A suggestion to you and your brethren. Don't instigate if you can't handle a response. I was not looking for a confrontation of any kind. But look at your own when sending out those kind of comments. I didn't post willingly. You all forced my hand.

I can certainly understand the guy's frustration with having Edge in a $ league. Sounds like that is some of his whining there, but understandable. Perhaps he should have taken someone else with that pick, but Edge is still having a good year all things considered.

Happy Turkey Day.
SwiperNoSwiping
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:26 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Um, baseballer. I didn't ask for your opinion. I was responding to one of your precious members here.

What an ignorant and naive argument. This is a fantasy baseball board, the forum consists almost entirely of opinons.

A suggestion to you and your brethren. Don't instigate if you can't handle a response. I was not looking for a confrontation of any kind. But look at your own when sending out those kind of comments. I didn't post willingly. You all forced my hand.

Noone instigated a damn thing. He was sharing something he posted at the football side with the people here at this forum. Why would you make your initial response of calling him out as being a "chicken" if you weren't looking for confrontation? And how did we force you to do anything? You made a full of yourself completely on your own.
Last edited by Baseballer02 on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:27 am

Baseballer02 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Why don't you try posting this in front of the alleged posters you 'hate'?

Sounds pretty chicken to me. If you have a beef with those that play football, or don't agree with you that's fine. Address it in the proper forum.

Wow, what a way to make an impression on your first post, making a fool of yourself. If you had any common sense in you to think "Gee, maybe I should read the thread title," then you'd know he did originally post that at the football cafe.

Since the football side is so much better, in your opinion, please stick with them and don't return here. :-t

baseballer is correct
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:35 am

Not instigating anything? Haha. That's funny. I believe his quote was just adding fuel to the fire...Hmm, let me find it.

Gses wrote:
im justin fueling the fire.

Ok, so you get my point. Right, not instigating a thing? Even posting the message on the football site to begin with. If you can't see that, then you are pretty naive. How can you NOT call that instigating a thing? Did you honestly not expect a response from someone on the Football side of the house?

Both of you are not seeing clearly if that is the case.
SwiperNoSwiping
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:38 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Not instigating anything? Haha. That's funny. I believe his quote was just adding fuel to the fire...Hmm, let me find it.

Gses wrote:

Ok, so you get my point. Right, not instigating a thing? Even posting the message on the football site to begin with. If you can't see that, then you are pretty naive. How can you NOT call that instigating a thing? Did you honestly not expect a response from someone on the Football side of the house?

It's a friendly "rivalry" between the baseball and football side. To take it as seriously as you are is what's naive. He's not instigating anything because this is all just stuff goin around for fun.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby GSes » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:39 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Not instigating anything? Haha. That's funny. I believe his quote was just adding fuel to the fire...Hmm, let me find it.

Gses wrote:

im just pointing out the obvious truth that fantasy football is agame of luck, while baseball requires great skill, knowlege, and patience.

I saw a post that was pittman vs jamal lewis for rest of year after pittman's 3TD game. That made me laugh so hard, the guys at the football cafe are the biggest bandwagoners ive ever seen. Marvin harrison has one bad game and the advice by all those"experts" was trade him now. lol......................now here at the basebal cafe when jeter went 0/444 we told everyone patience, he will come around dont panic and we were right, BECAUSE WE KNOW WHAT were talking about unlike the footbal cafe guys who moan and complain when there guy does bad
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:43 am

Let me be the first to apologize if it's a friendly rivalry and for taking it the wrong way.

I hadn't taken it that way.

That said only bein' around here on the football side for not even a calendar year yet, I miss out on that. As for someone in particular this may have been written for to getting a rise out of or not. And the good natured 'ribbing'.

I will step up and say my bad. Like I said, I was not looking for confrontation, which is what surprised me so much by seeing the post to begin with.

If it was said sincerely that that posters over there are whiners, you can't fault me for sticking up with my brethren over there. It's a great resource we all contribute to.

Remember GSus, we don't have 162 games to turn it around. We have 13 more than likely. Next week is the end of my season. Then it's on to the playoffs. When it's due or die like that you can see the immediate frustration if a player isn't performing, as opposed to a Sunday game when Bonds may go 0-3 and a walk. You can just brush it off, since he may get his 2 HRs tomorrow. That is all in the same game. With us the next game is a different opponent.
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:45 am

It's all good Swiper. It was just irritating to see a new member start calling out respected posters in his first few posts.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:50 am

Cool baseballer. Remember, I took it as he was calling us out on our site, so same kinda thing gives. And he is clearly instigating with his posts. So defend him if you want. Again, I am just stickin up for the guys over there.

Happy Turkey Day, fellas.
SwiperNoSwiping
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:47 am

Baseballer02 wrote:It's all good Swiper. It was just irritating to see a new member start calling out respected posters in his first few posts.

OK I have nothing against the baseball side, but if this guy is one of your respected members you're in pretty big trouble. Im aware of the rivallry and evertying, but you guys feel the need to bring it up quite a bit. Most of us footballers could care less what you think of our cafe. However, you guys feel the need to justify yourselves all the time. Just give it a rest.
portisfan24
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers