a little something i wrote over at the football cafe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

a little something i wrote over at the football cafe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

a little something i wrote over at the football cafe

Postby GSes » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:50 pm

I am thankful that the Fantasy Baseball Cafe is 2 million times better then football cafe

because over at the baseball cafe we actually know what were talking about since BASEBALL is a fantasy game that requires actualy skill where as football is mostly luck.

And we don't cry over at the baseball cafe everytime peyton manning throws 7 TD's and Edge gets zero or our stud running back looses a goalline TD to a 2nd string backup.

(I have Edge in my money league btw)

happy thanksgiving!!!












ehh wut can i say, for some reason, I just really hate a lot of the guys over at the football cafe. NOTHING pisses me off more when they try to claim that fantasy football is HARDEN then fantasy baseball and that football requires more skill, knowledge, and thought????????

no i dont think so.

Fantasy Baseball as all of us knows is the premier fantasy game were only the smartest and most skilled can last 6 months of a season and win it. We are superior fantasy players and if you ever hang out over at the football cafe you will see my 2nd biggest pet peeve

all those guys cry and cry and whine about how their players didn't score a touchdown or they fumbled or how the coach screwd them out of a win by taking out their player for some goalline back.......................I GET SO FRUSTRATED reading their crap. and then they all join in and they start arguing on the boards about who has more bad luck.

Its like a mutual cry me a river my fantasy football team got screwd over cuz i suck balls at fantasy baseball so i play fantasy football cuz i know its all based on luck CLUB........then they cry some more.


im thankful to be apart of the BASEBALL CAFE!!!








damn tony dungy not letting edgerin james run the ball on 1st and goal from the one :-D :-D :-D :-D

jk
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Postby Tony Clark is my son » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:32 pm

To me, baseball in itself is a sport that requires more skill, precision, and intellect, just as the fantasy version.

Fantasy is like that because a player is more likely to show their true ability over 162 games than 16. Derek Jeter went 16 games without a hit, can you imagine if those were his only 16 games? Jeter owners would revolt!
Tony Clark is my son
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Arizona now, apparently

Postby DK » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:04 pm

Tony Clark is my son wrote:To me, baseball in itself is a sport that requires more skill, precision, and intellect, just as the fantasy version.

Fantasy is like that because a player is more likely to show their true ability over 162 games than 16. Derek Jeter went 16 games without a hit, can you imagine if those were his only 16 games? Jeter owners would revolt!


It would only prove that the Jeter-bashers were right after all. :D

Don't forget he had a seven-game hitless streak back in April. That was when his average was .161...

I wonder what the longest hitless-game streak was? Tavish?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby kentx12 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:59 pm

for the ones of us who arent signed in over there please post the link so we can check out the replies "crying" thanks ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby NZF » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:27 pm

I'm signed in over there but only for the games (Pick 3, Lucky Ladders etc.) I don't play FF anymore, it truly is a game far more luck related than skill related.

The reason why I never play H2H baseball leagues either for that matter.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Re: a little something i wrote over at the football cafe

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:37 pm

GSes wrote:I am thankful that the Fantasy Baseball Cafe is 2 million times better then football cafe

because over at the baseball cafe we actually know what were talking about since BASEBALL is a fantasy game that requires actualy skill where as football is mostly luck.

And we don't cry over at the baseball cafe everytime peyton manning throws 7 TD's and Edge gets zero or our stud running back looses a goalline TD to a 2nd string backup.

(I have Edge in my money league btw)

happy thanksgiving!!!












ehh wut can i say, for some reason, I just really hate a lot of the guys over at the football cafe. NOTHING pisses me off more when they try to claim that fantasy football is HARDEN then fantasy baseball and that football requires more skill, knowledge, and thought????????

no i dont think so.

Fantasy Baseball as all of us knows is the premier fantasy game were only the smartest and most skilled can last 6 months of a season and win it. We are superior fantasy players and if you ever hang out over at the football cafe you will see my 2nd biggest pet peeve

all those guys cry and cry and whine about how their players didn't score a touchdown or they fumbled or how the coach screwd them out of a win by taking out their player for some goalline back.......................I GET SO FRUSTRATED reading their crap. and then they all join in and they start arguing on the boards about who has more bad luck.

Its like a mutual cry me a river my fantasy football team got screwd over cuz i suck balls at fantasy baseball so i play fantasy football cuz i know its all based on luck CLUB........then they cry some more.


im thankful to be apart of the BASEBALL CAFE!!!








damn tony dungy not letting edgerin james run the ball on 1st and goal from the one :-D :-D :-D :-D

jk


im guessing you are about 12. :-t
deluxe_247
Chief Pixel Pusher
Chief Pixel Pusher

User avatar

Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: a little something i wrote over at the football cafe

Postby GSes » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:00 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
GSes wrote:I am thankful that the Fantasy Baseball Cafe is 2 million times better then football cafe

because over at the baseball cafe we actually know what were talking about since BASEBALL is a fantasy game that requires actualy skill where as football is mostly luck.

And we don't cry over at the baseball cafe everytime peyton manning throws 7 TD's and Edge gets zero or our stud running back looses a goalline TD to a 2nd string backup.

(I have Edge in my money league btw)

happy thanksgiving!!!












ehh wut can i say, for some reason, I just really hate a lot of the guys over at the football cafe. NOTHING pisses me off more when they try to claim that fantasy football is HARDEN then fantasy baseball and that football requires more skill, knowledge, and thought????????

no i dont think so.

Fantasy Baseball as all of us knows is the premier fantasy game were only the smartest and most skilled can last 6 months of a season and win it. We are superior fantasy players and if you ever hang out over at the football cafe you will see my 2nd biggest pet peeve

all those guys cry and cry and whine about how their players didn't score a touchdown or they fumbled or how the coach screwd them out of a win by taking out their player for some goalline back.......................I GET SO FRUSTRATED reading their crap. and then they all join in and they start arguing on the boards about who has more bad luck.

Its like a mutual cry me a river my fantasy football team got screwd over cuz i suck balls at fantasy baseball so i play fantasy football cuz i know its all based on luck CLUB........then they cry some more.


im thankful to be apart of the BASEBALL CAFE!!!








damn tony dungy not letting edgerin james run the ball on 1st and goal from the one :-D :-D :-D :-D

jk


im guessing you are about 12. :-t




im guessing your new to the cafe and do not know about the baseball vs football cafe rivalry

step off........im justin fueling the fire.
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:01 am

Why don't you try posting this in front of the alleged posters you 'hate'?

Sounds pretty chicken to me. If you have a beef with those that play football, or don't agree with you that's fine. Address it in the proper forum.

There are some gripes and moans about players not performing to what the expecations were of them when they were drafted. Example being James having 6 tds, when Manning has 41. That is just part of the game. No one griped one bit I am sure when Jeter was horrible early in the baseball season or when Richie Sexson was lost for the whole year after a solid start.

And as a retort, I don't know what to say or how to argue with your logic and rhetoric other than saying, well, I think the Football Cafe is 2 million and 1 times better than the baseball forum.
SwiperNoSwiping
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 129
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GSes » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:09 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Why don't you try posting this in front of the alleged posters you 'hate'?

Sounds pretty chicken to me. If you have a beef with those that play football, or don't agree with you that's fine. Address it in the proper forum.

There are some gripes and moans about players not performing to what the expecations were of them when they were drafted. Example being James having 6 tds, when Manning has 41. That is just part of the game. No one griped one bit I am sure when Jeter was horrible early in the baseball season or when Richie Sexson was lost for the whole year after a solid start.

And as a retort, I don't know what to say or how to argue with your logic and rhetoric other than saying, well, I think the Football Cafe is 2 million and 1 times better than the baseball forum.


would just like to say

that the baseball cafe will win the CAFE Fantasy Football Challenge.

it may not be me, but someone from our side will take it. thanx.

and as far as what i said about people crying a lot on this board, you guys know its true so dont deny it.


and as far as you go.....welcome to the baseball cafe i see you have just joined us.

do you know anything about baseball cuz u just joiined.

how can you say the footbal cafe is better then the baseball one, when obviously you JUST JOINED...?>
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:11 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Why don't you try posting this in front of the alleged posters you 'hate'?

Sounds pretty chicken to me. If you have a beef with those that play football, or don't agree with you that's fine. Address it in the proper forum.


Wow, what a way to make an impression on your first post, making a fool of yourself. If you had any common sense in you to think "Gee, maybe I should read the thread title," then you'd know he did originally post that at the football cafe.

Since the football side is so much better, in your opinion, please stick with them and don't return here. :-t
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2006
Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pitching from the left side.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact