Top shortstops?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top shortstops?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sisyphus » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:18 pm

I agree with Erboes that Feliz is being overlooked for next year. I would also put him somewhere in the top 10. His power is developing and he is showing better plate discipline. He should produce excellent power numbers from that fantasy position. I do disagree on the idea of Tejada. I think Tejada, even at a lesser performance that last year, especially in RBI, is still much better than others at that position. The difference between him and other shortstops is greater than that between other players and their peers at a similar point in the draft. He is clearly a first rounder and could be argued as worthy of selection after the 4th pick in the first round.
sisyphus
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:16 am

If Nomar is healthy, I look for him to challenge Tejada as #1. If you look at his number for last year and multiply them X2 (he played almost exactly 1/2 of a season), you'll see that they come out very close to his better years.

Also depends where he winds up. Back at Wrigley would be a positive, Anaheim, with that lineup also positive. We'll see.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:21 am

I dont think Feliz is being overlooked. I especially disagree that he could be a top 10 SS. The guy is not showing more plate discipline, and I dont ever expect him to. He has a lot of talent, but I just dont think he will ever harness it. I would love if he could, but I just dont see it happening. He had a great opportunity last year hitting around Bonds, and had a nice first half, but really fell off afterwards. I think he is a perenial .270, 15-20 HR, 70 RBI, 70 R type hitter, with a SB here and there.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers