hr king in '05 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

hr king in '05

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:19 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Since when do you need a min # of ABs for a counting category? Most Hrs is most Hrs. Plus it is min plate appearances not ABs that is used even for the stats that are dependent on such things.

You're misreading what I said. Barry will not have the most home runs in baseball because he will be walked too many times. I said that last year and was correct, I'm saying it again for this year. You can't hit home runs if the other team will not pitch to you. Simple fact.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:37 pm

Madison wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Since when do you need a min # of ABs for a counting category? Most Hrs is most Hrs. Plus it is min plate appearances not ABs that is used even for the stats that are dependent on such things.

You're misreading what I said. Barry will not have the most home runs in baseball because he will be walked too many times. I said that last year and was correct, I'm saying it again for this year. You can't hit home runs if the other team will not pitch to you. Simple fact.

That's how I took it. That is the only thing keeping him from winning the crown.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:50 pm

Maybe. But that all presumes the Giants do not get a stick to protect Bonds. If Finley signs with them and bats behind Bonds and has a decent year, Bonds may be pitched too enough to edge out one of the others. If it is Alfonzo, well then your point is well taken.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:01 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Maybe. But that all presumes the Giants do not get a stick to protect Bonds. If Finley signs with them and bats behind Bonds and has a decent year, Bonds may be pitched too enough to edge out one of the others. If it is Alfonzo, well then your point is well taken.

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I don't think you can put anyone behind Bonds and make other teams pitch to him. You'd have to have someone like Pujols/Beltran/A-Rod/Manny behind him IMO to have anyone even think of giving him much to hit, because you know he will, and more than likely quite a long way.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:09 pm

I doubt they walk/pitch around Bonds with someone on first and second and 2 out to get to a Finley type. With an Alfonso on deck, you bet ya. I agree an elite player would be preferable, but we know the Giants are not going to do that and go sign a Beltran. They may sign someone who at least the opposition has to respect like Finley. Babe Ruth was not pitched around like Bonds and in a n ERA where he hit more homer sthan other teams comboned. The problem is that the rest of the SF lineup scares no one and consists of very ordinary at best and often below avg hitters.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Zito is God » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:21 pm

I can only imagine in awe how many HRs (triple digits?!) Bionds would hit if he got 500 at bats per year?! 8-o

Anyways, I say Dunn takes it (assuming no injury). ;-D

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:45 am

Bonds will get more 'offical' ;-) at bats with finley behind him. If anyone was watching in the first 2 months, Team were walking bonds all the time (no matter what), because the Ginats hit into like 20 double plays in like 2 weeks... he got more at-bats as the season went on. If the Giants get better bat to hit behind bonds, then Bonds will be walked less. (maybe 20-30 more atbat)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:41 am

Has to be Bonds.

After that:

Thome, Dunn, Tex and Pujols
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:41 am

Glaus if he signs with Colorado, and stays healthy :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:09 am

TheYanks04 wrote:I doubt they walk/pitch around Bonds with someone on first and second and 2 out to get to a Finley type.

:-? :-? i would pitch to finley with the bases loaded before i would pitch to bonds with runners on first and second...... :-B
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers