projections on mauer/burnett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

projections on mauer/burnett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joe Mauer

Postby sudsuckers » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:56 pm

Mauer and Burroughs both on my keeper roster. Mauer I project to a .295/15HR/70RBI in 400 AB's for 2005. Like the show of power last year and contradicts what I had been reading. A couple of the six were bombs the other way.
Hopefully, he has taken the time off to heal and put on additional mass. Medial meniscus concerns me especially for a catcher, although I was playing softball 3 weeks after surgery. I've heard that he is catching 4 inning simulation games every other day and soon will simulate daily to see response.
Looking to dump light hitting Burroughs. He also had medial meniscus surgery. Looking to upgrade by drafting McPherson or Ian Stewart (eta 2006).

Cheers,
Suds
sudsuckers
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Joe Mauer

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:05 pm

sudsuckers wrote:Mauer and Burroughs both on my keeper roster. Mauer I project to a .295/15HR/70RBI in 400 AB's for 2005. Like the show of power last year and contradicts what I had been reading. A couple of the six were bombs the other way.
Hopefully, he has taken the time off to heal and put on additional mass. Medial meniscus concerns me especially for a catcher, although I was playing softball 3 weeks after surgery. I've heard that he is catching 4 inning simulation games every other day and soon will simulate daily to see response.
Looking to dump light hitting Burroughs. He also had medial meniscus surgery. Looking to upgrade by drafting McPherson or Ian Stewart (eta 2006).

Cheers,
Suds

so, i'm not the only one ;-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby dleoboyd » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:14 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:Burnett tied for CGSO I believe it was, but the load he carried that year innings-wise is the reason he had to have shoulder surgery the next year...

Wasn't it actually elbow surgery, the SP's right of passage these days: Tommy John surgery.

I have pretty high expectations for AJ next year. As long as he stays healthy I have no doubt that he will have over 200 K next season. I still think he is one of the most talented pitchers out there. I don't think he did anything to disprove that during the last few months of 2004.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Aristotle
dleoboyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Safetyman » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:52 pm

My projection is pretty close to Mustangs (with the important "if he stays healthy" caveat)

I could easily see a year like his 2002. Maybe 3.30 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 15 W, 200 Ks.
Safetyman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers