Your top picks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your top picks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:38 am

My list is:

Pujols- Obviously #1 very consitent, safest bet IMO.

Beltran- Has 40-40 potential, but that average is a concern to me. Also depends what team he is on.

A-rod- wont have SS elgibiltiy, but I expect him to put up better numbers this year.

Vlad- Great numbers, I just think that A-rod will be better this year
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:23 am

TheYanks04 wrote:I am as critical as Arod as anyone (mostly for being a choker) but he still ranked among the top 8 hitters in the league on an OFF year. This based on a 10 team 5x5 Roto format using the rototimes valuations. His value was greater than Manny and Tejada who finished 9, 10. You can debate the ranking but this was an OFF year for Arod and he is still a top 8 hitter. Bounce back? You mean you are not confident he wins the MVP?

A-Rod had an off year for hitting but his SB's were a big aberration IMO. That evened out a lot of his hitting deficiencies (if you can call them deficiencies). I doubt he'll get anywhere near 28 SB's next year... but ya never know. The last time he had that many was 1998 though. If he can get his OPS in the mid 900's and keep his SB's around 25, I'd rank him around Beltran's territory. With the 30 HR/50 SB I expect from Beltran, with a .280 BA and tons of RBI/R, I can't justify taking anybody over him.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Erboes » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:36 am

LBJackal wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I am as critical as Arod as anyone (mostly for being a choker) but he still ranked among the top 8 hitters in the league on an OFF year. This based on a 10 team 5x5 Roto format using the rototimes valuations. His value was greater than Manny and Tejada who finished 9, 10. You can debate the ranking but this was an OFF year for Arod and he is still a top 8 hitter. Bounce back? You mean you are not confident he wins the MVP?

A-Rod had an off year for hitting but his SB's were a big aberration IMO. That evened out a lot of his hitting deficiencies (if you can call them deficiencies). I doubt he'll get anywhere near 28 SB's next year... but ya never know. The last time he had that many was 1998 though. If he can get his OPS in the mid 900's and keep his SB's around 25, I'd rank him around Beltran's territory. With the 30 HR/50 SB I expect from Beltran, with a .280 BA and tons of RBI/R, I can't justify taking anybody over him.

On this date in history Erboes agrees with Jackal, at least in the first part. On the second part though, I think you will be not even close. Beltran will not steal 50, nor 40, and may not even crack 30. The first stat to go after signing that big fat contract is steals. Besides, his big second half push in SB's was solely based on being a 40/40 guy for negotiation's sake. But that's just my opinion.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:43 pm

You think Beltran may not even crack 30? If he plays the whole year I can't see him getting less than 40. I think it depends where he goes because if they want him to run, signing a big contract won't stop him from doing so. If that was his plan to get a big contract, then the reason he'll get that big contract is partially for his speed, right (if his "plan" worked)? So don't you think his new team will want him to run? Especially if it's the Yankees?

Also, I thought you didn't believe in "contract years" making payers better ???

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby domination » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:47 pm

i know it ain't gonna happen but manny in top three?
He always has good numbers and i trust him to do it again next year more then beltran. i also think that some people are forgeting sorriano. The best at 2b after him there is no reason for a 2b man until very late. it will prolly be
1 king Albert
2 M. Vladi. P
3 $-rod (jerk)
4 beltran not if i'm 4th pick tho.
domination
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:00 pm

Pujols
Beltran
Vlad
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby irishdude103 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:32 pm

Pujols
Beltran
A Rod
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kentx12 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:41 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Beltran
Pujols
Vlad

I hate to agree with Big but on this I do. Beltran has to be the 1st pick imo.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers